Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are the worst hockey movies of all-time?

It’s nearly Academy Awards time, which means that it’s time to think about a genre of cinema that’s truly given us some of the seminal classics of our time. And when you’re finished thinking about sweeping historical wartime epics, why not spend another 15-18 seconds considering hockey movies, won't you?
    Yes, hockey movies, of which there are several besides “Slap Shot”. Allan Muir of Sports Illustrated listed his top five and bottom five (or so) of all-time this week. And just like revealing that Cobie Smulders is actually a ghost in “Safe Haven”*, we’ll just go ahead and spoil the list for you:
    The Best
    5. Mystery, Alaska (1999)
    4. The Rocket (2005)
    3. The Deadliest Season (1977)
    2. Goon (2011)
    1. Slap Shot (1977)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...7300--nhl.html
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!
    Want to see my tradelist type in doniceage under the Hidden Content .

Youngblood is a classic, same with The Mighty Ducks trilogy. I would have atleast included Slapshot 2 over both of those movies.
    Hidden Content
    color codes: yellow/blue/green= incoming/do not need
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

If anyone is interested, click this link from CCM and help me win free stuff as well as enter yourself: Hidden Content

I came in here to post The Love Guru. It was an awful movie considering who was in it. A lot of big names for a dud of a film.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    I came in here to post The Love Guru. It was an awful movie considering who was in it. A lot of big names for a dud of a film.
    I still yet to see it lol.

Don
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!
    Want to see my tradelist type in doniceage under the Hidden Content .

The Love Guru is a movie that's so bad, it's actually kind of enjoyable to watche. Justin Timberlake's character is actually pretty funny. But yes, it's an absolutely awful movie.

The best part is Mariska Hargitay's cameo
    #1 Collection: Barrasso
    #2 Collection : Ron Hextall
    Other: Lemieux, Crosby, Wregget

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Haha Youngblood. So bad it's good!

I must of seen a different version of Goon, I would rate that right up there with Slapshot 2 and 3

It killed me when JT got excited that Celine Dion was singing at the concert!

If you want some really bad humour and you don't expect much, the movie is decent enough. Some funny moments!

Quote Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
    The Love Guru is a movie that's so bad, it's actually kind of enjoyable to watche. Justin Timberlake's character is actually pretty funny. But yes, it's an absolutely awful movie.

The best part is Mariska Hargitay's cameo
    Main Wants right now: 2000-01 Titanium Game Gear & Patches, 1995-96 Pinnacle Rink Collection, 1995-96 Topps Home Grown Series 2
    Always looking for Kirk McLean cards I don't have.

Hidden Content

Wow...I guess no one has exactly the same taste but I hated Goon with a passion...Loved the first two Mighty Ducks, Mystery Alaska was great but to me, the best one has to be the Rocket...I guess it helps that it's about Maurice Richard and that I'm from Quebec lol...In Quebec we also have this TV show called Lance et Compte (Shoot and Score) which is about hockey. It started back in the 80s for like 4 seasons, then it was cancelled during the 90s and they brought it back around 2007 and it's still on. They also made a movie out of it in 2010 which I think is really good as well :)

OPG Hockey Manager

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    (50) HI

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Might Ducks #2 and Miracle are my favorites.
    That Iceland team was stacked though.

Go USA!
    Collecting:
    - Non-Certified Autographed Cards
    - Jeremy Roenick Numbered Cards

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast