Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who can recommend an alternative to photobucket?

Their new "redo" is horrible. Time for me to move on. Anyone have any suggestions as to where and why? I mean I can do a search for sites but I would prefer some input from you guys.

Chris
    I don't care if you need a week to ship! Perspective.

I know a lot are using flikr. I really dont want to switch I have so many photos uploaded that I know longer have saved on my computer it would be a pain in the butt to re scan. Im sure you also have tons and tons of photos already uploaded as well it sucks they had to go and screw things up. I too though would consider an alternative if it turned out to be as good as or better than photobucket was.
    Kellen Moore Super-Collector!!!!
    Moore PC: Hidden Content
    Moore Need List: Hidden Content
    Buying/Selling: If Im the seller I will post, If your the seller I would appreciate if you post. Just my preference. Thanks

Flickr
    Picasa
    imageshack.us
    SCF has image hosting

I can't tell you much about either of them as I haven't used them but Flickr is owned by Yahoo and Picasa is owned by Google if that helps making a decision for you. If you already have an account with either of those guys you shouldn't have to make a new one.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

SCF does have image hosting but only for particular cards right? I mean I have a lot of non card stuff in my collection.
    I don't care if you need a week to ship! Perspective.

i just need to know how to direct link your whole
    library on the new photobucket?people ask and i
    cant put my bucket up [help]
    collecting LARDARIUS WEBB/RAY RICE
    webb-got 64 of 76 [4-1of 1]84%-90% of rookies]
    over 450 rice

Quote Originally Posted by chajones View Post
    SCF does have image hosting but only for particular cards right? I mean I have a lot of non card stuff in my collection.
    I honestly don't know and I wouldn't recommend SCF's until they get a new server. My best advice would be to check out those other places. Sign up or login and just upload a couple images. See how easy it is and then go from there. Don't upload everything until you see which one is better for you personally.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by chajones View Post
    Their new "redo" is horrible. Time for me to move on. Anyone have any suggestions as to where and why? I mean I can do a search for sites but I would prefer some input from you guys.

Chris

i recomend..........anything but photobucket. question asnwered
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Ok Photobucket I recommend you keep until they let you download your pics again. I have that issue now my kid killed my last pc so I lost all my scans. You used to be able to download them by folder but not anymore. As for the others Picassa is ok but hard to share links. Flickr is decent but limited. Scf's is cool for cards but you can't download your pics back. At least not that I know of. I too hate the new photobucket so far I am hoping it gets better quick.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content IF YOU SMOKE PLEASE TELL ME Before Trading!!
    My Chris Henry by the numbers Items: 811 OWN: 423 52.2% MEM: 307 OWN: 152 49.5% AUTO: 395 OWN: 175 44.3% Ser #'d: 711 OWN: 343 48.2% RC: 38 OWN: 37 97.4% I TRADE BY BV. Hidden Content

I like flickr a lot. It's worth the $25 a year upgrade for unlimited downloads. You just have to be sure to pay it or they hold your photos hostage by only showing a few hundred of their choosing.

But, if you don't mind the $25 a year- which is worth it imo, it's great. I like the layout, it's easy to download pics and the organization is pretty customizable. My biggest gripe is that you either have to make all of your pics public or private. How hard would it be to allow some collections to be private while others are public? I would prefer my family pics to remain private (or friends only) while I show off everything else to the public.
    Resident 2010 Finest Football Collector
    Just PM me for a current want list!

have to agree new photo bucket sucks. cant organize cards at all. can upload as many as i want to any album i have but they are in no particular order. picasso looks good but haven't checked it out completely plus hate to redo all my stuff.
    TRAMPLE THE WEAK AND HURDLE THE DEAD!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast