Post Curtis Granderson breaks forearm & is out until May

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...ks-forearm-may

New York Yankees outfielder Curtis Granderson suffered a fractured right forearm Sunday after being hit by a pitch in his first at-bat in a spring training game and will be out until at least the first week of May.

Granderson was hit by a 2-2 pitch from J.A. Happ and left the game in obvious pain. The injury originally was announced as a bruised forearm, but Granderson was taken to a local hospital for X-rays, which revealed the fracture.

The Yankees said Granderson will be ready to return to action in 10 weeks, putting his approximate return date at May 5.
    I saw this live and didn't think it was this serious. He walked down to first. They looked and it and he was out of the game immediately.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

-_-
    Collecting ALL Allen Iverson Items
    PM Me If You Have ANYTHING!

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Ouch sure it hurts
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

I saw this happen too, it didnt seem like it was that big of a deal. Big blow to the Yankees.

As roster stands, likely LF options are Matt Diaz & Juan Rivera. Could also see Ronnier Mustelier, Zoilo Almonte or even Nunez out there.
    I don't know what is worse. Making a trade or sticking with one of these guys? If Nunez got enough time to learn the position he wouldn't be a bad option I guess.

Stinks for the Yanks. I bet Michael Bourn's agent wished he held out just a little longer!

It's a good thing the Yankees replaced the free agents that left them so they can be ok without Granderson.....oops.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

Quote Originally Posted by tkraft24 View Post
    Stinks for the Yanks. I bet Michael Bourn's agent wished he held out just a little longer!
    I'd rather the whole Yankees team get hurt than sign Bourn to a dumb contract. If missing Granderson for some time sinks the team then it will be a knock on Cashman for building a team that is one injury away from falling apart. They are an older team so injuries should have been taken into consideration.

Well I'll miss some of his home runs,but on the bright side the teams strikeout total will go down by about fifty.
    All my teams stink.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

this is just the beginning of an older team and injuries. afraid it's going to be a long summer.
    ARod out
    hughes out
    grandy out