Huge steal of a different sort (Scan and story inside)

Well it all started a few weeks ago. I found a card on ebay that I needed for my Luongo collection. I stopped trying to obtain 100% after the 05-06 season, and being at 95% up till then I am always excited to get the last few pieces. So a 05-06 SPx spectrum dual jersey came up and the seller had it listed for $149.99 or so. The price was outrages, but being one of the last cards I needed I was willing to pay $80, so that is what I offered. Seller responded with $100, saying that was the absolute lowest he could go. I passed as I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for a plain jersey card. Well it obviously didn't sell and the same seller listed it at auction. So I set a snipe at $80, and figured I would win it. I won the card and best part about it, total cost was $13.50

So even though I thought I was going to lose out on this card, one I have never seen before, it still pays to wait people out. The best offer option has ruined a lot of the ability for player/set collectors to get cards they need. But this time, I come out on top!
    - 09-10 BTP Stick Vanbiesbrouck, Mason - 09-10 BTP Glove Brodeur, Esposito
    - 11-12 Contenders #ed, rc, Auto rc, NHL Ink
    - 13-14 BTP Masked Men Auto's

NEW WEBSITE: Hidden Content

Congrats man! You just stick with the Pathers stuff and leave the Canucks stuff alllllll alone now hahahahaa!!

As someone who sold a Spectrum Heatley / Alfredsson for $11, I'm thinking these cards are wayyyyy overpriced in the guides eh?

'Nucks and Wings just started, goooooooo Bobby Louuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!
    Hidden Content

"Hey, I'm Eddy. So how do you like me so far?"

Nice pickup. I love when I find a PC whale and its going for dirt cheap. Gives my bank account a big breather.
    Hidden Content
    color codes: yellow/blue/green= incoming or pending/do not need
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Take a look at this Kickstarter: Hidden Content

Nice card for a very good price. It is always nice to be a able to get a card for a more reasonable amount than what a seller is determined to get for it with a buy it now or best offer.
    Most Wanted: 1995-96 Electric Ice Gold 224 Adam Graves.
    2006-07 Flair Showcase #248 Henrik Lundqvist

Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content

Those are the most satisfying kinds of ebay wins. $80 would have been a more than fair offer right off the bat, one that frankly the seller should have taken right off the bat. Over a $60 loss trying to squeeze out an extra $20. Good for you, ouch on the seller.

I have hit a couple of these. Nothing better than setting a max bid at 100-150 dollars and getting a card for 10-20.
    Trade list: Hidden Content
    Want list: Hidden Content
    Photobucket: Hidden Content