Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See prior35's Items on eBay

Huge steal of a different sort (Scan and story inside)

Well it all started a few weeks ago. I found a card on ebay that I needed for my Luongo collection. I stopped trying to obtain 100% after the 05-06 season, and being at 95% up till then I am always excited to get the last few pieces. So a 05-06 SPx spectrum dual jersey came up and the seller had it listed for $149.99 or so. The price was outrages, but being one of the last cards I needed I was willing to pay $80, so that is what I offered. Seller responded with $100, saying that was the absolute lowest he could go. I passed as I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for a plain jersey card. Well it obviously didn't sell and the same seller listed it at auction. So I set a snipe at $80, and figured I would win it. I won the card and best part about it, total cost was $13.50

So even though I thought I was going to lose out on this card, one I have never seen before, it still pays to wait people out. The best offer option has ruined a lot of the ability for player/set collectors to get cards they need. But this time, I come out on top!
    Buying:
    - 09-10 BTP Stick Vanbiesbrouck, Mason - 09-10 BTP Glove Brodeur, Esposito
    - 11-12 Contenders #ed, rc, Auto rc, NHL Ink
    - 13-14 BTP Masked Men Auto's

NEW WEBSITE: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congrats on the win!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Congrats man! You just stick with the Pathers stuff and leave the Canucks stuff alllllll alone now hahahahaa!!

As someone who sold a Spectrum Heatley / Alfredsson for $11, I'm thinking these cards are wayyyyy overpriced in the guides eh?

'Nucks and Wings just started, goooooooo Bobby Louuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

Nice pickup. I love when I find a PC whale and its going for dirt cheap. Gives my bank account a big breather.
    I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See harpercollector's Items on eBay

Nice steal! Way to stick it to the seller

SCF Rewards
    Country

congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Nice card for a very good price. It is always nice to be a able to get a card for a more reasonable amount than what a seller is determined to get for it with a buy it now or best offer.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (359)
    Country

Those are the most satisfying kinds of ebay wins. $80 would have been a more than fair offer right off the bat, one that frankly the seller should have taken right off the bat. Over a $60 loss trying to squeeze out an extra $20. Good for you, ouch on the seller.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have hit a couple of these. Nothing better than setting a max bid at 100-150 dollars and getting a card for 10-20.