Question If you could move any current NFL franchise to a new location who would you pick?

If you could move any current NFL franchise who would you pick? Where would you move them and why? They would keep the same players they have now but you could changed the name, location, and uniforms etc.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Cleveland Browns to LA. Looks at what the first Browns team getting out of Cleveland did for them. The Ravens have won 2 Super Bowls in 13 years, something the Browns organization has never done. I don't mean to come off as bashing the city of Cleveland, but God doesn't seem to like them much. Between the Cavs (created in 1970), Browns (since the AFL-NFL merger) and Indians (created 1901) they have a combined two world championships (thanks to the Indians).

When the Browns were re-created in 1999 it was supposed to be a "turning of the page" for the name and city. Instead they picked up right where the Art Modell team left off. In 14 years they have 2 winning seasons, 1 division championship and a 73-151 record. Heck, they have only won more than 5 games four times and are on a 5 season streak of 5 or less wins!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

houston is the same way. only 2 championships they have in any sport is basketball. 2 of them. astros made it to the series once and floped. football team has never made it. although we have some some good teams here and there it isnt much better than cleveland.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

The Jags are the obvious choice to move, but it isn't very likely that they will move.

On a side note, do people not realize that Cleveland sells out most of their games, despite putting such a bad product on the field? Makes absolutely zero sense to move them.
    Last edited by selby56; 02-25-2013 at 12:35 AM.
    Collecting all Cleveland Teams, Bowling Green State Alumni, South Carolina Alumni, Andre Roberts, Mike Kafka and Baron Davis.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    houston is the same way. only 2 championships they have in any sport is basketball. 2 of them. astros made it to the series once and floped. football team has never made it. although we have some some good teams here and there it isnt much better than cleveland.
    At least the Texans are winning games and a playoff contender most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by selby56 View Post
    The Jags are the obvious choice to move, but it isn't very likely that they will move.

On a side note, do people not realize that Cleveland sells out most of their games, despite putting such a bad product on the field? Makes absolutely zero sense to move them.
    I wouldn't exactly say they are selling out most of their games. I could only find info showing that they sold out 3 games in 2012 (Philadelphia, Buffalo and Pittsburgh) which tells me they sold out because of regional fans traveling to Cleveland, not because Browns fans are buying the tickets. The Browns had the 9th lowest attendance percentage in the NFL for the 2012 season. Cleveland Browns Stadium seats 73,200 and average home attendance was 66,632. That is 91% attendance. By comparison, the Jags had an average attendance of 64,984 in a stadium that seats 67,246 (96.6% attendance).

Attendance aside, he asked why and I stated why. Cleveland teams don't win. At their current rate, by 2055 the Browns will have only made the playoffs 6 times. Eventually even the die-hard Browns fans are going to get tired of spending their money to support a team that is almost a sure-thing to miss the playoffs.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

If any NFL franchise team that deserves to be relocated, it would be the Detroit Lions. Of course, they won 4 NFL Championship prior to the Super Bowl era, but only posting a 1-10 record in Playoff appearances ever since. Not to mention the atrocious 2008 season, in which they became the 1st franchise in NFL history to lose all of their games. I'd relocate them to Oklahoma City, where a new city would provide a fresh new start for them, and then, that's when they'll start winning regular season as well as Playoff games. And if the city of Detroit wants a NFL franchise, they'll applied to get one through an expansion years later.
    NOT doing 50/50s nor consignments!

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post

Attendance aside, he asked why and I stated why. Cleveland teams don't win. At their current rate, by 2055 the Browns will have only made the playoffs 6 times. Eventually even the die-hard Browns fans are going to get tired of spending their money to support a team that is almost a sure-thing to miss the playoffs.
    So if we are basing this off of if a team has been bad for a period of time, wouldn't the Lions make the most sense? What about the Chiefs? They haven't been relevant in years either. And if we want to base this off how the city as a whole does, Kansas City has been just as irrelevant as Cleveland has. Heck, I could argue Kansas City has been even more irrelevant since the Indians at least were playoff contenders throughout most of the 90's with two WS appearances and the Cavs were one of the best teams in the league just a few years ago.
    Collecting all Cleveland Teams, Bowling Green State Alumni, South Carolina Alumni, Andre Roberts, Mike Kafka and Baron Davis.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

aren't the lions owned by ford? As long as that's the case the lions won't go anywhere. The problem with them is they are potential playoff contenders. If the lions tank the next few years then I would put them at the top with the chiefs. Especially the way the chiefs fans acted last year when cassell got injured and taken off the field. Those kind of fans don't deserve an NFL team regardless of their record.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Quote Originally Posted by selby56 View Post
    Yeah I would go with the Jaguars as well. Many people were shocked that Jacksonville won a franchise and the move has flopped so far. They don't have interest from the fans and they moving wouldn't leave a void in Florida because you already have 2 other teams.

The logical choice would be to move them to LA but that doesn't seem to work which is very odd for such a large market but I can't really think of many other places that could use a football franchise.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Bring my Rams back to their homeof 50 plus years, Los Angeles. And bring back the yellow and blue color scheme. Rams, please come home where you belong.