Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Fantastic stuff Luc! You are a true wizard with this stuff!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

Use the cardset search instead of the card search to be on the cardset page and on the top right you have the images map view link. So search the set you need and then when you find it you will see the link.

found the set but not sure what to do next to make it right

I am not user friendly at time, so need your help a bit more

jim

ok so how do I post the map on here
    Last edited by 09232003; 02-25-2013 at 11:36 PM.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Well either wait until I make the page public and then you can post a link. The other way is to use the print screen button to take a screen images of what you see on your computer and then open a image software, create a blank image and paste the image in it, save it and upload it here.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

Well either wait until I make the page public and then you can post a link. The other way is to use the print screen button to take a screen images of what you see on your computer and then open a image software, create a blank image and paste the image in it, save it and upload it here.

sounds good, thanks again for your help and can you PM me when you make the page public, cant wait to show off the set I have made into map

I like the inventory section, might start to get all my crosby cards into it for a larger map

thanks
    jim

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (8)
    Country
    See billindallas75's Items on eBay

Picasa can do this as well through its collages. Picasa.google.com

Good work Luc on the SCF method!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just started to add cards of my Datsyuk PC in my Inventory like you explained. A cool thing would be the option to add multiple cards at a time. Otherwise it's very long adding a single card at a time.

Is it something possible?

Thanks!

Alex

Finich coding the page. To see one, go to My Inventory, on the right menu click on the:
    Player indexing (Search) link and then search the player you collect. When you find it, click on add to PC link. This will add a permanent link on the My Inventory right menu under PC fast link.

PC fast link:

The first link bring a list of all the cards to add and upload images, the second link is the stats page with a break down of how many RC, auto, Memorabilia, serial you have and a break down per print run. On the opt of that page, you will see a link called: View the player image map

This will bring you to the new page I just coded. On the browser address, at the end, you will see:

/lim/50 If you chage the 50 to 30 it will show three row per page of ten cards. You can change it to define how many cards you want to see per page with a limit of 500 max per page. Later I will probably code a combox to make this selection.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

luke

if you have a minute can you check my thread, could use your help if possible
    sent you PM but you asked me post the thread to get your help/advise
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/searc...archid=1066034

thanks
    jim

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Just started to add cards of my Datsyuk PC in my Inventory like you explained. A cool thing would be the option to add multiple cards at a time. Otherwise it's very long adding a single card at a time.

Is it something possible?

Thanks!

Alex

No we will not make the inventory a multi card application. Thsi was a decision from the start to not go down this road as it would have made it too complex and this is not something we wanted to do and we won't in the future for many reason. But the store, while it use the database will allow you to post multiple on the same card and define grades if it;s the case, condition etc.. But the inventory will always allow only one images per unique card. It's costly enough to host all these images and the cost is also one reason but also the complexity in coding that it would have required was a nother reason why we decided to make it as light as possible. Since it's free it would not be wise to try to aim too high only to close it down because we can't afford to pay for it or end up have to charge member to use it. So for all these reason this was a executive decision that will not change.

As for multiple card upload, it for performance reason we do not allow it. Photobucket is a company model that workks because they bonbard you with publicity to pay for the servers and now they even sell package so you get more feature. So they have the multiple servers to allow all these upload yet at time they too can be really slow. SCF only has one server and would not be wise to allow multiple uploads all at once. Having to do them all one at a time allow for spacing and does not hurt the server performance too much. This is why I will not code this unless we would have server that allow me to do this.

But when I scan cards, All my traders are in toploader so if you tap them before scanning, the cards end up straight and I put four cards and while I scan the next bacth, I crop the 4 cards. Then after about 40 images I save them all and then I go in and open many tab if it;s from the same set and always scan my card in card number sorted so when I add the cards I open many tab and then go one tab at a time get the image and press enter and then move to the next tab and get the image so this system does go fast. Bt took me time to become that fast. I can upload 500 images easy in a day of work when you get used to it, But this is like everything, you get better the more you do it.

Mainly it took me a while to get all the cards in. I still have like 200 traders I need to enter and then I will review the base cards but will not scan them. Yet people do find them if they use the text list search. But you can't set the team if you do not upload a scan but if any member had set the team then it;s set for all members.
    luke

if you have a minute can you check my thread, could use your help if possible
    sent you PM but you asked me post the thread to get your help/advise
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/searc...archid=1066034

thanks
    jim

Link is not valid and I do not see a post in the Inventory/Storefront Feedback forum. post there if you want me to answer you questions.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

No we will not make the inventory a multi card application. Thsi was a decision from the start to not go down this road as it would have made it too complex and this is not something we wanted to do and we won't in the future for many reason. But the store, while it use the database will allow you to post multiple on the same card and define grades if it;s the case, condition etc.. But the inventory will always allow only one images per unique card. It's costly enough to host all these images and the cost is also one reason but also the complexity in coding that it would have required was a nother reason why we decided to make it as light as possible. Since it's free it would not be wise to try to aim too high only to close it down because we can't afford to pay for it or end up have to charge member to use it. So for all these reason this was a executive decision that will not change.

As for multiple card upload, it for performance reason we do not allow it. Photobucket is a company model that workks because they bonbard you with publicity to pay for the servers and now they even sell package so you get more feature. So they have the multiple servers to allow all these upload yet at time they too can be really slow. SCF only has one server and would not be wise to allow multiple uploads all at once. Having to do them all one at a time allow for spacing and does not hurt the server performance too much. This is why I will not code this unless we would have server that allow me to do this.

But when I scan cards, All my traders are in toploader so if you tap them before scanning, the cards end up straight and I put four cards and while I scan the next bacth, I crop the 4 cards. Then after about 40 images I save them all and then I go in and open many tab if it;s from the same set and always scan my card in card number sorted so when I add the cards I open many tab and then go one tab at a time get the image and press enter and then move to the next tab and get the image so this system does go fast. Bt took me time to become that fast. I can upload 500 images easy in a day of work when you get used to it, But this is like everything, you get better the more you do it.

Mainly it took me a while to get all the cards in. I still have like 200 traders I need to enter and then I will review the base cards but will not scan them. Yet people do find them if they use the text list search. But you can't set the team if you do not upload a scan but if any member had set the team then it;s set for all members.

Link is not valid and I do not see a post in the Inventory/Storefront Feedback forum. post there if you want me to answer you questions.

ok ttry thsi one, I posted it yesterday, not sure why the link did not work but try this one

https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...g-PC-inventory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123