Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

LeBron James retroactively wins Slam Dunk Contest in warm-ups before game with Cavs

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jprt80's Items on eBay

This is why I completely agreed with Charles Barkley when he commented on the NBA sending nobodies to taker part in the slam dunk comp. it used to be a time when you could see the big name stars go head to head. I don't know if it is the players not wanting it or the NBA trying to get the lesser known names some recognition, but it is definitely not the best the NBA has to offer. Kind of crappy when a weekend that is supposed to be about the fans doesn't put the best product on the court for us to see.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cgb_orl's Items on eBay

Why should Lebron ever compete? Serious question. He wins without entering every year the way people pine over him.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jprt80's Items on eBay

He should compete for the fans. In actuality, I think the big names fear damaging their reputation if they lose

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mainecards42's Items on eBay

Lebron doesn't enter because if he loses he knows he be insanely ridiculed.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cgb_orl's Items on eBay

So nothing to gain and a lot to lose? Or maybe too much pressure for him. It really is a shame because fans do deserve it, but he gets the same publicity by teasing almost every year. So why not tease, thus making fans focus on him rather than the willing participants? I think fans should be allowed to vote on Saturdays events instead of the All-Star game.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can get why a baseball player would skip the HR derby since you can mess up your swing by changing it to try and hit slow pitches for home runs. But unless an NBA player gets hurt dunking (something that I don't think has happened in the Dunk Contest) then he really isn't risking anything and should do it at least once for the fans in my opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @Brentmills15

Am I the only one who doesn't see this dunk as very impressive for NBA warmups?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (73)
    Country
    See Nyfancam01's Items on eBay

WOW! Super sick dunk by the king!