Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post First look: 2012-13 SP Authentic hockey cards

http://www.beckett.com/news/2013/02/...-hockey-cards/

When Upper Deck canceled a number of its hockey products earlier this year, the company didn’t want to do away with many of the cards it already worked on. It decided to insert the items from SPx and Upper Deck Series 2 as content in 2012-13 SP Authentic.

SPA is scheduled to come in June with three autographs in every box, on average.

The autos can come from a number of subsets such as Future Watch, Signs of the Times, Team Canada Moments and more.

If looking for cards from the now-canceled products, collectors can find SPx bonus packs, which could include Rookie Cards and hits from many of the top players this season. UD is also adding Upper Deck Update, which would have normally been found in Series 2. These cards will feature traded players, free agents and stars who didn’t get in Series 1.

It seems as though UD is attempting to make SPA timeless considering the unusual circumstances. One insert that showcases this idea is the Authentic Moment Autographs. These cards will feature moments throughout a player’s career with autograph versions signed in a gold paint pen.

Other highlights include:
    - Team Canada Moments – includes multi-player and autographed variations
    - 94-95 SP Retro with die-cut autograph versions
    - UD Exclusives
    - MVP Rookie updates

Each box will contain 24 packs with five cards in each pack.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Think I will be buying a case of this

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

A little more info from Upper Deck on facebook:
    Product Highlights:
    Get 3 Autograph Cards per box!
    Look for at least 1 RC!
    Strong Autograph insert lineup!
    Collect Regular Card Limited Autograph Patch variations!
    Numbered to 100, 25 & 10!
    Grab Signed Future Watch Patches!
    Big hits no matter the year!
    (NEW) Find SPx Bonus Packs!
    Including RC Jerseys & Patches!
    (NEW) Look for Upper Deck Update!
    Complete your ’12-13 set with players who would normally appear in UD2! Plus MVP RC’s!
    (NEW) Get Team Canada Moments!
    With multi-player and signed versions too!
    (NEW) Look for ’94-95 SP Retro hits!
    Complemented by Die-Cut Autograph versions!

Box Break: (on average)
    Three (3) Signature Cards
    Including One (1) Autographed Future Watch RC
    Four (4) Authentic Moments
    One (1) Authentic Moments multi-player
    Two (2) Team Canada Moments
    Four (4) ’94-95 SP Retro cards
    Four (4) Upper Deck Updates
    Get (1-2) MVP Rookie Updates

Case Break: (on average)
    2-3 Autographed Patch cards
    Ltd. Auto Patches + Auto FW Patch cards
    One (1) Sign of the Times Combo card
    Three (3) ’94-95 SP Retro Die-Cut Autos
    Eight (8) Tm. Canada Moments multi-player
    Get (2-3) UD Exclusives

Configuration:
    5 cards per pack
    24 packs per box
    Arrival Date: June 2013
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I missing something or did they scrap single auto'd SOTTs and only continue with dual auto'd SOTTs? Big disappointment for me if they got rid of the single autos as it has to be the auto set I look forward to every year.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See railblaze's Items on eBay

They're being very ambitious about this set, but I fear it may wind up watering it down. As usual, the mock-ups are amazing, but the pack-out is a little concerning. Is it a pack of Spx and a pack of UD2, or is the UD2 scattered throughout the SPA packs? Is the SPX like the Ice packs, throwing you an extra 'hit' per box, or is it just a hook and 9/10 packs are just an extra pack of base cards? And most importantly for me, if we're adding more auto subsets to the release, but keeping the same 3/box average, doesn't that just mean we're actually watering down the odds of getting the 'chase' autos?

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but I look at this and I see the same product with a little more polish on it to make up for the fact that the typical chasers - the Yakupov, Shultz, Conacher and Tarasenko - are missing. Unless those SPX packs each contain something like that Krider shown above, I just don't feel like the justification for the same pricetag is there.

That said, I'm still awful and self-loathing about how I spend my card money, so I'll be the guy who says all this and still goes and buys a couple boxes hoping that I hit it big.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators
    See atmx093's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Sigh... The SPx design is crazy hot and the pics make me salivate, alas I can already see that the price it will cost vs the value it will have will differ astronomically.

I understand that one of the problems of the hobby nowadays is that there's this expectation to at least break even on a box break, but to spend over $100 for a box that might get you $20 of autos or some barely-worth-it trades, I'll pass. This is a horrible season for box-breakers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 72bigcountry's Items on eBay

Sigh... The SPx design is crazy hot and the pics make me salivate, alas I can already see that the price it will cost vs the value it will have will differ astronomically.

I understand that one of the problems of the hobby nowadays is that there's this expectation to at least break even on a box break, but to spend over $100 for a box that might get you $20 of autos or some barely-worth-it trades, I'll pass. This is a horrible season for box-breakers.

Great call.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmlalala's Items on eBay

doesn't look too bad, the Authentic Moments actually look really good, would love to see who's gonna be in that set

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Sdig14's Items on eBay

How many redemptions?

im still waiting on some from last year SPA, hopefully they have kept them somewhat under control.