Panini America Peeks the Bat-Knob Nirvana Hitting 2012 National Treasures Baseball

Make no mistake about it: The inaugural edition of Panini America’s 2012 National Treasures Baseball is a history-making endeavor of the highest order. The high-end heavyweight’s long-awaited introduction to baseball features a jaw-dropping array of rare memorabilia cards — buttons, booklets, cut autographs and more — honoring some of the greatest legends of all time.

But easily some of the most spectacular cards in the entire product are the 50 Bat Knobs 1/1s — true one-of-a-kind masterpieces that account for some of the thickest, sickest baseball cards you’ve ever seen. Seriously. Boasting a checklist that includes Shoeless Joe Jackson, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig and Honus Wagner to name just four, the Bat Knobs insert promises to deliver as many massive, historic hits as did the bat ends they encapsulate.

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2...ll/#more-43863
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!
    Want to see my tradelist type in doniceage under the Hidden Content .

My first though? /face palm. They destroyed some really rare bats just to get a sliver off the bottom of the handle.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

Quote Originally Posted by lambeausouth View Post
    My first though? /face palm. They destroyed some really rare bats just to get a sliver off the bottom of the handle.
    I am sure they will use the rest of the bats at GU pieces in this product and in future products. How do you think all of the other companies get their bat pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Joncamburn View Post
    I am sure they will use the rest of the bats at GU pieces in this product and in future products. How do you think all of the other companies get their bat pieces?
    I'm fully aware of how they get their pieces. And destroying a rare bat from somebody like Babe Ruth, or Ty Cobb to include a small piece of it on a baseball card is blasphemous, in my opinion. Those bats belong in a museum.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.