Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Somewhat new to the site. Greg from Maryland

I remember my first cards at the drugstore. 1977 topps cards, baseball was the cards set out with a large selection of candy and a couple of different types of packs of gum. I was always looking for the Pete Rose card, playing 3rd base I believe. A great looking set. And those large Topps Basketball cards I got from the local 7-11 which had Dr.J, Pistol Pete, my bullet's players, Jabbar, Walton, Hondo and much more. These basketball cards were functional for me. I would play nerf hoop and pretend that I was having a game and the cards were the players going one on one with each other.

Those cards are gone. I am still a huge sports fan 35 years later. In 1995 I named my daughter Callie after Cal Ripken, another daughter came and she was named after the Beatles "Julia". I got my mini me in 2000 and named him Benjamin Louis (after Lou Gehrig). The Nationals came to town and I switched teams right away, because Cal had retired and I did not like Baltimore's owner. And now I am back in baseball heaven with a great story in D.C.

I look forward to viewing this site more while I look for National's cards. Also I have created a website in an attempt to make a couple more bucks or trades with cards and to also simply learn how to create and manage a website to keep me busy. Really was simple to make.

My site is www.overtimesportscards.com

I was reading some of the treads on the scf about how the Puckett card sold on ebay for over 400. Because it was a promo and how so many cards were produced in the 1990's, which I knew of first hand. Fun stuff. Now, I only have a small collection and know that I cannot compete or fill a PC of my own because of child support and today's changing financial landscape. So hello everyone and hope to chat soon.

Greg
    Last edited by greg Mill; 02-27-2013 at 12:44 AM.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Welcome to SCF. Send me a PM I believe I have a few nats cards. Big Braves fan here. Good luck with getting more nationals.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

Hi Greg
    Welcome to SCF , good luck with your collection
    Zack
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Avalanche Cup Winners(1996 Team Complete) and All Time Nords/Avs Goalies (270/275)
    Super Collecting Byron Dafoe, Olaf Kolzig, Scott Mellanby
    Tradelist Hidden Content
    Wantlist Hidden Content

Greg, welcome to the site. Nice looking website. BOL with your collection.

...Rick
    Hidden Content
    Bucket PC & Trade Items: Hidden Content
    PC In-Person (IP) Auto Memorabilia Collection: Hidden Content
    PC HOF Game-Used Collection: Hidden Content

Hey Greg, Welcome to SCF. Thanks for Joining!

Matthew.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    ***I am offering $300.00 the WWE Topps 2009 Ted Dibiase Jr. Black Parallel /40***

Hello and welcome to SCF!!
    Hidden Content

Buying Quincy Carter GUs and Autos
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Welcome to SCF! It's always great to see someone so passionate about their favorite sports and players. I didn't have much luck getting my wife to let me name our kids after some of my favorite players but I love the names we agreed on. I'm sure you will enoy yourself here.
    ~ COLLECTING ~
    * NEW ORLEANS SAINTS **
    Malcolm Jenkins / Cameron Jordan / Patrick Peterson

If I post in your thread. PM works best.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to SCF Greg, have fun here and enjoy yourself!
    Hidden Content
    **Hidden Content **
    Bucket Updated 7/22/14

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast