Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Which is the bigger sin in God's eyes?

Voters
16. This poll is closed
  • Having an abortion

4 25.00%
  • Committing a homosexual act

1 6.25%
  • Both are equal in God's eyes

4 25.00%
  • Neither

8 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Bible on sex:

“Food is meant for the stomach and the stomach for food”—and God will destroy both one and the other. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. - 1st Corinthians 6:13

"Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality," -Galatians 5:19

"Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul." - 1st Peter 2:11

"Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous." -Hebrews 13:4

^It's all here folks....

SCF Rewards
    Country

So you're saying sexual desire and lust are the same thing?
    That's kind of like saying drinking and getting drunk are the same thing.

Well, your analogy is indeed a good one.

I'm asking you if it is possible to drink and not get drunk every single time you drink.

Also, how do you know when you are drunk?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Yes it is possible to drink and not get drunk.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This analogy and his post strengthens my assumption of an addiction.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

The works of Peter and Paul

SCF Rewards
    Country

Every time?

And again, how do you know when you're drunk?

Plenty of drunks deny that they're drunk.

And plenty of lu™™™™l people deny that they're indulging in lust.

This analogy and his post strengthens my assumption of an addiction.

Sex addiction, I assume is when You can't control yourself and you crave for sex at an unhealthy level.

I have never felt that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alex you realize that not everyone who is religious goes by the NT or by everything in it.

Paul and Peter made what most see as Christianity today, I am sure they were great men, but they were men, and this was their teachings based on their interpretation of what Jesus said or could have said. You realize Paul only knew Jesus in the spirit and was not His apostle.

so find me some better quotes my friend, they're in their (wickabee, I used the wrong "there" since you are now the new English teacher here)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alex you realize that not everyone who is religious goes by the NT or by everything in it.

Well, we're only talking about christianity here.

And if you're a christian, you have no choice but to abide by the NT, since the OT is all Jewish.

Paul and Peter made what most see as Christianity today, I am sure they were great men, but they were men, and this was their teachings based on their interpretation of what Jesus said or could have said. You realize Paul only knew Jesus in the spirit and was not His apostle.

OK, but isn't the bible supposed to be infallible?

Isn't it supposed to be the divine word of god?

If you can openly say that it's not these things, than you and I agree on a lot more than you think.

SCF Rewards
    Country

No, someone may have said that or suggested it, but Jesus did not write anything in the NT, God didn't write anything in the NT, but there are things Jesus did say recorded in the NT. Nowhere does God nor Jesus say anything about the NT.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Let me go ahead and clear some things up here:
    1.) I don't know where you're getting these far fetched rules from, Alex, but they're completely false. The OT is in fact, important. The NT is more popular due to the Gospels and also Revelations. There is nothing in the NT to abide by, and this will be the third time I've mentioned this, but the beatitudes. Jesus does give many parables which go hand in hand with the Beatitudes. They're basically examples of how to go about achieving the Beatitudes.

2.) the Bible is infallible. The writers were overcame with the Holy Spirit to have the knowledge to write the books.

@Shrews, the trinity basically says that There is The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit. They're one and all. With this being taken into consideration and with my clarification, God DID infact write the Bible.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast