Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See prior35's Items on eBay

Question when buying Game-Used Sticks

Recently have an opportunity to buy a Luongo GU stick from a guy on ebay and was wondering what peoples experiences are. He says he will send a COA, but it is made from him. He states that he has a hockey auctions business since 1981 and has 100% feedback and money back guarantee. By looking at his feedback everything seems legit. Wondering what peoples opinions are on this

Chris

SCF Rewards
    Country

hockeyauctions is the seller, and wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this company before. I know this is kind of an ebay question, but I hope it stays here as it's not an ebay issue

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (359)
    Country

I guess just do your research. Try and find out what year it was used in, observe the taping job and the knob of the stick if you can, then try and compare in pictures. As for the COA -- made from him, unless he's a VERY reputable company -- its pretty much worthless, sorry. Heck I could start my own "Sharkaholic" business and make my own COA and it wouldn't mean a thing unless I became a very reputable company down the line. I have collected a pretty decent (in my opinion) Sharks game used stick collection, and each time I obtain one (unless its from the Sharks equipment sale directly) I go through the same process as collecting as much information as possible and then using photos for comparison. There have been times my process has even proved a sellers claims as false (such as in the case a seller was advertising an item as a rookie year used stick -- when in fact it wasn't). Good luck either way.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

Obviously I would check around with the name, but I can't really add too much in that regard. But also what might help, although this might seem obvious, but make sure the style of stick is correct and that the name he has on the stick matches. Like I said, I'm sure you've thought of that already, but just wanted to make sure as if either of those don't match, it's most likely not real

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I dunno where you live, but have you tried the Canucks Team Outlet store at Hastings and Renfrew there? They get stock in all the time....... I saw Louie GU pads there one time. A leeeeeetle outta my price range tho...............

SCF Rewards
    Country

anyone else? Thanks for the comments so far

SCF Rewards
    Country

I dunno where you live, but have you tried the Canucks Team Outlet store at Hastings and Renfrew there? They get stock in all the time....... I saw Louie GU pads there one time. A leeeeeetle outta my price range tho...............

How much were the GU pads?

also, LuongoCollector, do you know there whereabouts of the 07/08 luongo cup base 1/1 (non patch)? Thanks!
    Last edited by wreckless; 03-02-2013 at 02:59 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

How much were the GU pads?

also, LuongoCollector, do you know there whereabouts of the 07/08 luongo cup base 1/1 (non patch)? Thanks!

Sorry, I can't remember exactly, I think it was somewhere around the $800-1000 range tho, my eyes popped outta my head at the time......

I called them yesterday and all they had of Lou's was a brand-new never-worn-but-game-ready blocker for $450..l......

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

seems kinda sketchy to me..idk..id deal with a reputal company..a few that i like are: classicauctions, NHLPA auctions, Canada Olympic auctions, NHL auctions, and there are even sellers that have great stick collections and you know their stuff is real such as sureshotcollectibles. ..like sluggo said, the store on hastings street has a great supply of game used stuff..i bet that you could probably phone in and reserve a lui stick..

SCF Rewards
    Country

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast