Post First look: 2012 Panini Prizm baseball cards

http://www.beckett.com/news/2013/02/...aseball-cards/

Panini America confirmed on Wednesday that itís bringing the Prizm brand to baseball this year with 2012 Prizm.

Set to arrive in April, it will include a 200-card base set that includes 50 rookies. Each will be found with standard Prizm parallels as well as Gold and Finite Black 1/1s that will only be found in hobby packs. At retail, there will be Green as well as Walmart-only Blue and Target-only Red Prizms to be found.

Each hobby box will include two autographs and three Prizms. Retail boxes will include three Green Prizms.

Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

non licensed prizm baseball interesting, the question is if panini can do this with baseball why cant topps get a players contract for basketball. Its funny they are even allowed to use stats and team location just not uniform.
    Last edited by cardcollectorman; 02-27-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Nice looking product. Is that Justin Upton below Heyward in the first picture? Looks like he is in the Braves uniform at spring training.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

I'm in for it if the price is decent- Would be even better if Panini had a MLB license, but hey, I'll take what I can get
    Collector of:
    Twins (9 1/1s), Chris Herrmann (26%), Justin Morneau (just starting),
    Michael Cuddyer (also just starting), baseball sets, Wild, North Stars
    Hidden Content

I'm torn on this product. I wasn't a fan of the football due to it having only 2 hits and I believe the box was $140ish? If its anywhere near that with panini not having a liscense I don't care if I have a sliver of a chance of pulling a Trout gold Refrac that someone will spend their retirement fund on, it just doesn't have enough umph to the product. They're aesthetically pleasing but that's about the only thing that the cards really have going for them.

Nobody else peeved that Panini is releasing a 2012 so far into the 2013 calendar year? I mean what is the cut off for calling a product 2012? Are we going to see 2012 stuff in 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Nobody else peeved that Panini is releasing a 2012 so far into the 2013 calendar year? I mean what is the cut off for calling a product 2012? Are we going to see 2012 stuff in 2014?
    Yea in a way I am,if it meant less redemptions I would be all for it.I mean every Panini product seems to be loaded with redemptions and I can remember when they first took over their goal was to cut down on redemptions,guess they didn't meet their goal on that one.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
    Yea in a way I am,if it meant less redemptions I would be all for it.I mean every Panini product seems to be loaded with redemptions and I can remember when they first took over their goal was to cut down on redemptions,guess they didn't meet their goal on that one.
    Yeah I can kinda see it for Prizm if their excuse was that the lawsuit that Leaf had going against them was dropped so now this product can be released (the fight was over the Prizm name). But it looks like they haven't printed this yet and one of the scans of the back of the cards says 2012 but there is also 2013. I've seen cards from 2002 say 2001 on the back but never a 2002 that says 2003 on the back.

Probably would have been better if they just scrapped the Chrome unlicensed knock off product and instead brought Crusade to baseball. That's the only sport where Crusade has name value and recognition and that would be something different rather than just copying the success of Topps.