Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    See pensfan254858's Items on eBay

11-12 ITG BTP Sets: Franchise Silver, 10th Anniversary Jumbo Pad/Glove & Jumbo Sticks

After seeing a few breaks from the 11/12 release when it first came out, I fell in love with the product. I've never attempted a master set of a product, but if I had the money to do it, I think I would have done it with this set. Kudos to Dr. Price and his staff for a great product - especially the anniversary jumbo cards; in person, and especially when you have a lot of them together, they look amazing (far better than the scans below can show).

Anyway, after reviewing the checklist, I ended up decided on doing 3 of the game used subsets. Two of which I am happy to say are done; the third has kind of hit a wall, but hopefully the final 6 pieces will filter in before the year is out.

Up first - the Franchise triple jersey cards Silver (18 card set). I liked the mixture of player selection, making this one an easy choice for one of the sets to tackle:

First card grabbed in the set: Rangers, Kings, and Penguins all came from the same group break.
    Last card to complete the set: Habs

Next is the Jumbo Pad/Glove (12 card set). I knew I would be doing the jumbo stick set - those were the cards that hooked me in the first place, but then I was trying to decide what other set to go after from the anniversary cards. I had to take into account that with the cards being numbered out of 10, the price for some of these guys would be up there, and with this being an unplanned collection idea, I couldn't go too crazy. With wanting to do a pad and/or glove set, and this one having both, and being limited to 12 players unlike the others that had more, that made this one an easy choice.

First card grabbed: Backstrom
    Last card to complete it: Timmy Thomas

Last but not least, the Jumbo Stick (30 card set) anniversary cards. 24 down, 6 to go - I am still hunting Niemi, Vanbiesbrouck, Burke, Markstrom, Halak, and Irbe. If anyone has one, or knows where to find one, I'd appreciate any help with finishing this one off!

First card grabbed: Khabibulin
    Last card grabbed: Barrasso

Comments are always appreciated.

Thanks for the look,
    Jason
    Collecting: John Vanbiesbrouck (Panthers)
    Collecting: PC ITC Jumbo Mem (33/57)
    Collecting: ​Pinnacle, BAP, BTP Masks
    Collecting: Penguins Autographed pucks (Cup Years)
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Wow...!
    10th Anniversary Jumbo Stick /10 set must be one of those nicest sets ever made!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Spectacular, and I agree with my Swedish buddy there. It's a fantastic set and I really like the design of it.

-Ethan

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dmaksymyshyn's Items on eBay

Awesome sets amigo! might be going in on some more BTP this weekend. If I do, and break something you need, will let you know!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See o.jonas's Items on eBay

Jason, congratz...the sets looks awesome

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See plindbergh31's Items on eBay

Fantastic Sets!!!! Great Swatches on the Cards...love the Roy dual pad/glove

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 72bigcountry's Items on eBay

Awesome looking collection! Best of luck in finding those last 6 Jumbo Sticks. Haha, that rhymed.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Well Done!

I'm a huge fan of this release too. Did a case @ the Expo when it was brand new, and have slowly been doing the autograph / Game Jersey / Aspire / Franchise silver myself (the 10th anny cards are beauties - but I thought it'd get too costly to try and complete).

The sets look great together. Very nice job.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    See pensfan254858's Items on eBay

Wow...!
    10th Anniversary Jumbo Stick /10 set must be one of those nicest sets ever made!

I agree completely. The design of the card is very appealing (the awesome stick pieces probably help in that regard, haha)

Awesome sets amigo! might be going in on some more BTP this weekend. If I do, and break something you need, will let you know!

Here's hoping bud - I'll have my fingers crossed (off the ones I still need, I've missed out on at least three Beezer cards, so I'll be hoping for that one above the others - but any of the 6 will do!!)

Well Done!

I'm a huge fan of this release too. Did a case @ the Expo when it was brand new, and have slowly been doing the autograph / Game Jersey / Aspire / Franchise silver myself (the 10th anny cards are beauties - but I thought it'd get too costly to try and complete).

The sets look great together. Very nice job.

I've always liked the BTP releases - the 06/07 one being my favorite by far, as it has some of the best designs, subsets, etc. The years after have been good, but not as good as 06/07. 11/12 was the first since 06/07 that made me actually say WOW, this stuff rocks.

Best of luck in working your way towards completing the cards you're chasing. (I have a Visentin auto, if you would need it pm and we can work something out).

To everyone else that has posted, thank you for the comments and kind words (as well as rhymes, haha).

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HK (51)
    Country
    See cathaytrader's Items on eBay

Congrats on putting those together and good luck with the stick set. Awesome stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast