Ebayer to block- Claim filed

roblecastre

Member had a Broyles 1/1 Contenders plate auto listed for auction. I messaged him, asked him if he had a buy it now by chance. He messaged me back, told me to make a fair offer and he would consider it. I offered $75, he liked the offer, told me to paypal him the money and he would ship it that Friday. I paid within minutes, then he pulled the listing down. Judging by his feedback and DSRs he seemed to handle his account very well, I had no worries

So, I paid on Wednesday the 13, he promised to send on Friday the 15th.

Friday the 22nd comes around, I dont have anything yet. I usually get mail within 2-4 days, but its not uncommon for a package to get held up somewhere for God knows why. So I email him kindly asking if he had an update on the package. The weekend comes and goes. Monday the 25th I still haven't received a response, so I check his account, and he had been listing cards that weekend. So he had no problem just ignoring my message.

That same day(the 25th) I send another message saying I am not happy with the service to that point, and a little more annoyed by being ignored, and that I planned to file a claim the next morning. I go to bed, wake up the next morning, and obviously that got his attention. His message to me was

Totally forgot to send. Very busy at work. I will send USPS mail confirmation today. I'm. Very sorry.

Rob

- roblecastre

That pisses me off for a few reasons. One that he promised to ship 11 days prior. Two, that he had ignored me. Three, that there was nothing more than a sorry. In his shoes I would have offered to ship priority for sure. I personally would have offered to add additional cards, or a partial refund too. Though that was not expected. I would have been a little better with the situation if he had at least said he would ship priority.

Either way, I responded, as I am not happy at this point. Told him the lack of communication was poor, I have a full time job and can ship the same or next day everytime. I told him as much as I wanted the card, at this point if he hadn't shipped it, I would rather just take a refund.

Today I get up, no response to that, no shipping info as promised yesterday, so just moments ago I finally just filed a claim. This transaction was one of many headaches I have had on Ebay this month. Just a bad month I guess. But, this guy is definitely not worth dealing with.
    I collect: Da'Rick Rogers Topps Chrome
    Hidden Content

Yeah, unfortunately some people just don't hold up there end of the bargain. Will def black list him!
    Also check out my ebay by clicking my ebay name!
    Hidden Content

I understand your frustration. Just don't be surprised if he wins the claim by providing a DC number from a packing slip that he printed today.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

surprisingly enough, PayPal sided with me. Took less than 24 hours. That's got to be a record.
    Hidden Content

Good to read. Isn't it funny how the I have to work excuse is used so dang much now. Now I know people work a lot but the way I see it if you have time to list auctions then you have time to ship. And if you don't have the Time why list the auction?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content IF YOU SMOKE PLEASE TELL ME Before Trading!!
    My Chris Henry by the numbers Items: 811 OWN: 423 52.2% MEM: 307 OWN: 152 49.5% AUTO: 395 OWN: 175 44.3% Ser #'d: 711 OWN: 343 48.2% RC: 38 OWN: 37 97.4% I TRADE BY BV. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgehenryCollec View Post
    Good to read. Isn't it funny how the I have to work excuse is used so dang much now. Now I know people work a lot but the way I see it if you have time to list auctions then you have time to ship. And if you don't have the Time why list the auction?
    I couldnt agree with you more. I work FT too, and tend to get all my items shipped within 24 hours. That excuse, as well as the family member in the hospital, have gotten really bad
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jason122883 View Post
    surprisingly enough, PayPal sided with me. Took less than 24 hours. That's got to be a record.
    That is truly shocking. I have never had PayPal resolve anything in less than a month.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Hate you missed out on a 1/1 though. That really bites.
    I don't care if you need a week to ship! Perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by chajones View Post
    Hate you missed out on a 1/1 though. That really bites.
    No doubt about it Chris. That was easily the worst part of all of it. I really wanted the card, but man could that seller give a crap less about me, just because we didn't do the deal through Ebay
    Hidden Content