Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sequester 2013!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

We will never get their all by cuts...What part does the GOP NOT understand?
    A balance approach is the correct approach and CUTS have been on the table for 2 years now!

What spending cuts have been on the table for 2 years?

Whether you like it or not we will need to raise taxes/revenue....There is no way around it! We need to pay directly on the debt, which we have not done in years! Read the opening posts. We need to cut spending and raise revenues.

The aspect i do not like is what have been cut or planned to be cut. Taking food from Children and elderly is not something I can back at all. The reason I posted the other articles is because those are what i found and that video shows the HEARTLESS teapublicans in congress. However that is just my opinion. The GOP right now have no reason to work on anything with the democrats. they are already running for the 2014 elections.

I agree. What we need to do is exactly what Obama wants. Cut jobs. The Republicans agreed to the spending cuts that Obama wanted and now those spending cuts are resulting in loss of jobs. Awesome! The idiot Democrats want to protect funding for the unemployed and cut funding that creates even more unemployed.

So let's see here. The Democrat plans is:

A) Protect funding for people who have no job
    B) Cut funding that creates more unemployed people
    C) Raise taxes on the people that haven't lost their jobs

Could there be a more moronic bunch of people? I find it hard to believe that average Democrats are not ashamed that they cast their vote for a bunch of mindless dimwits like we have in the White House and in control of the Senate.

See this is the problem...thats not the plan that has been put forward. In fact the total inverse. the Presidents plan has those in there. Fact is this will be pain for everyone!

No it won't. The people who are getting a free ride will continue to get a free ride. No Obama plan calls for one red cent of spending cuts to entitlements. This will only impact the working class. Obama hates successful people who have jobs.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

We could go the Republican route. No entitlements at all with all the money going to pay for corporate tax cuts and corporate welfare.

Then everyone who isn't a wealthy business owner just has to sit back and wait for the wealthy to trickle it down and then we'll all be taking golden showers!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That isn't the Republican route.

In Feb of last year the Republicans proposed a plan to reduce government employee numbers that would result in budget reduction. The Dems rejected it because it didn't include tax increases.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2632329.html

Republicans in Congress passed the Sequester Replacement Reconciliation Act which sought to eliminate tax fraud, stop government bailouts and slush funds, control unchecked spending, restrain bureaucratic spending and eliminate redundant spending. Dems defeated it. http://budget.house.gov/reconciliation/

The simple reality is that Senate Dems will vote against anything that doesn't call for tax increases. The fact is that Obama blatantly lied in 2008 when he said he would not raise taxes on Americans making under $250k and he and his cronies are blackmailing America in to tax increases right now. Everything he has done, from Obamacare to this sequester is all about the desire to raise taxes on the working class and ensure more and more entitlements for the non-working.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Really? I'm pretty sure I just put forth Romney's platform minus vague references to closing loopholes and math that only works in Paul Ryan's head.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Really? I'm pretty sure I just put forth Romney's platform minus vague references to closing loopholes and math that only works in Paul Ryan's head.

No Romney plan has been passed by Congress. Not relevant. If Joe Schmoe is a Dem and he comes up with some lame plan that doesn't make it the Democrat plan.

Republicans proposed two plans, one to reduce government personnel and one to reduce government waste. Both were shot down by Dems. Dems want one thing, higher taxes. Nothing less will do.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

It was the Republican Presidential nominee and it's what he said he would have done, so obviously you think it was the better option.
    It's totally relevant.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It was the Republican Presidential nominee and it's what he said he would have done, so obviously you think it was the better option.
    It's totally relevant.

Better option than what? Funding social programs, cutting jobs and increasing taxes on the working? I don't know what his plan was, but there is no way in any world that making the working class pay more and more to prop up a nanny state is better.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Better option than what? Funding social programs, cutting jobs and increasing taxes on the working? I don't know what his plan was, but there is no way in any world that making the working class pay more and more to prop up a nanny state is better.

You realize it's the difference between being nannied by the government or the wealthy, right?
    Given that choice, the government is less likely to put me in a forced labour camp.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You realize it's the difference between being nannied by the government or the wealthy, right?
    Given that choice, the government is less likely to put me in a forced labour camp.

What I realize is that when I stand in line behind someone who does two transactions at the store, one to pay for their groceries with their food stamp card and a second to pay for their cigs and beer with cash, I am positive that I am paying more than enough taxes.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast