History of Hockey - Question about RCs

One of the big draws for ITG are the certified RCs included in the set. Two questions on the RCs:

1. There are 19 copies of the 90-91 Score American Eric Lindros RC #440 in the History of Hockey set. The ITG website lists these cards as #1102 - 1120 in the set. The HOH card has a 10-digit number on the sticker, but that number does not correspond to the set numbers. Is there any way to differentiate #1102 from 1103, or 1104, or 1105 etc...?

2. How would the value of a History of Hockey Lindros RC compare to a pack pulled Score RC? I would think there would be no increase in value for the HOH slabbed card. Sure they say there are only 19 of them, but there is not alteration/embellishment of the card itself. The "limited" nature of the card is not the card, but the slab itself. There are only 19 slabbed Score RCs with a History of Hockey sticker on them. Otherwise that RC is the exact same as the RC I pulled from a pack. Does the HOH slab add value to the card beyond the existing value of the RC? I think no.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Artyukhin, Zubrus, Lindros, Kovalchuk...and to a lesser extent Craig Berube, Dave Brown and Brian Propp

2. Wata Photo
    1. Doesn't appear to be.

2. A copy of the History of Hockey Lindros RC sold for $10 yesterday. I suspect that's substantially higher than a common pack-pulled version.
    Carey Price fan and collector - want your hard-signed autos!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 195 Unique Cards + 8 1/1's!!!

Personally, I would not assign a premium to the card or the slab, nor would I differentiate an HoH-slabbed RC from one that wasn't. The only way the slab would matter to me is if I were collecting the HoH set or subset that includes that particular card.

I'm sure there are collectors out there who do assign a premium to the slabbed card, but I think (hope!) it would be a small percentage of collectors and that any premium would also be small.
    LF this ITG Decades 1980's Autograph: AMM2 - Mark Messier CAN SP. Also need many Emblems and Numbers from ITG Decades 1980's and may need Quads, Golds or other low print runs from that set.
    PC includes Sakic, Vaive, Salming, Lafleur, Shutt and anyone named Stastny except Yan. Also buying Tokarski rookie year cards if priced right.

Quote Originally Posted by RGM81 View Post
    A copy of the History of Hockey Lindros RC sold for $10 yesterday. I suspect that's substantially higher than a common pack-pulled version.
    Yeah...I was the knucklehead who bought it!!!!
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Artyukhin, Zubrus, Lindros, Kovalchuk...and to a lesser extent Craig Berube, Dave Brown and Brian Propp

Well as the saying goes, a card is worth what someone is willing to pay. Ergo, it's worth more to you than a regular one. :)
    Carey Price fan and collector - want your hard-signed autos!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 195 Unique Cards + 8 1/1's!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drewk86a View Post
    Yeah...I was the knucklehead who bought it!!!!
    Hahahahaha! That's awesome - you provided your own empirical evidence to answer your question!
    LF this ITG Decades 1980's Autograph: AMM2 - Mark Messier CAN SP. Also need many Emblems and Numbers from ITG Decades 1980's and may need Quads, Golds or other low print runs from that set.
    PC includes Sakic, Vaive, Salming, Lafleur, Shutt and anyone named Stastny except Yan. Also buying Tokarski rookie year cards if priced right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallinator View Post
    Hahahahaha! That's awesome - you provided your own empirical evidence to answer your question!
    I really need to work on avoiding the impulse bid!
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    To me, the only thing a slab can say to increase the price is "BGS 9" "BGS 9.5" or "BGS 10" and the 9 doesn't do a lot.

That said, there seems to be enough people who disagree with me to make them worth more overall than they are to me.