Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taped Autos :(

Taped Autos :(

Sadly this very nice card has a tape auto :(

Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Looking to trade for 1970s O-Pee-Chee Hockey Cards!

WTH is that?
    Looking for ITG Enforcers 1 & 2 cards LMK what you gotHidden Content
    ***********I ONLY PAY WITH CASH**************

I assume you're referring to the stick auto... It looks terrible when half the auto is off the sticker - yikes.
    Bucket : Hidden Content
    Collecting : 06/07 Ultimate Signatures (Saku Koivu -- pm please if you have/seen him!!!); Mariusz Czerkawski

Yeah, sticker autos in general are not great. There's no excuse for that Coffey - it should never have been used.
    LF this ITG Decades 1980's Autograph: AMM2 - Mark Messier CAN SP. Also need many Emblems and Numbers from ITG Decades 1980's and may need Quads, Golds or other low print runs from that set.
    PC includes Sakic, Vaive, Salming, Lafleur, Shutt and anyone named Stastny except Yan. Also buying Tokarski rookie year cards if priced right.

The player also has to have some of the blame.

Sure sticker autos suck, but they suck even more when a player cant sign in the amount of space.

UD pays Coffey for these autos, and they arnt just going to throw away a copy because the player was lazy
    MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8
    Bucket - Hidden Content
    Looking for - Roy / Brodeur / Luongo / Fleury / Bernier / Potvin / Price +++

It doesn't even look like your normal sticker auto. Looks to me like he signed a peice if scotch tape IMO

Yeah, I don't see the rounded corners or the UD watermarking that usually appears on those sticker autos. I'm with Kessel, it looks like he signed a piece of scotch tape that was put on the card.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting : Gil Perreault, Tyler Myers, Jonas Enroth, Drew Stafford
    WANTED : 05-06 Shooting Stars Jerseys: Ryder-Shanahan-Drury-Alfredsson-Jagr-Peca-Recchi-Nash-Smyth

Looks like he signed it as number 2. Clearly on the card his number is 7

That's hideous. Can blame both Coffey for being lazy, and UD for actually using this.
    #1 Collection: Barrasso
    #2 Collection : Ron Hextall
    Other: Lemieux, Crosby, Wregget

It's definitely a sticker. You can see the rounded edges if you zoom in. I guess the UD hologram does not show up do to the scanning angle. Coffey's other UD autos look like they fit in the sticker. Looks like he got a little carried away with this sig.

When a player signs stickers, do they even know what card it is going on? I can't imagine UD sent Coffey 10 stickers to sign for these ten cards, then repeated the same with every other Auto card they made. It makes more sense to have the player sign one, two, or more pages (60-80 stickers per page). Get all the stickers on hand and just keep them for future use. I'll bet UD has pages and pages of player signatures on stickers already on hand that they plan to use for future releases. There is no reason they had to use that sticker.
    Last edited by Drewk86a; 03-01-2013 at 02:26 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: (click links to see want lists)
    Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (83.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (22% complete)

...and to a lesser extent

Hidden Content
    (61% complete) / Hidden Content (43% complete) / Brian Propp (50% complete)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast