Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I agree with pwaldo on the COAs, but this is a sweet, sweet hit!
    Twins, Chris Herrmann, Justin Morneau, Michael Cuddyer, sets, Wild, North Stars
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Follow me on Twitter @Hollywood_42_ Hidden Content

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amelia-Earha...tem417128908e=

Here's the auction if anybody wants to see it. Up to $385 already.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    People destroy Topps all the time for having vague COA on their cards and this has to be one of the worst. The enclosed material is guarantee by Panini. What type of material? And what is the connection to Ameila? Great card but on something that rare and valuable they should have had better wording on the documentation of the card.
    I agree. This is the main reason I just can't get into spending money on any game used stuff, some of it looks cool (a lot looks like garbage). It seems that all the COAs are vague. "Game Used" or "Event Worn", etc.. This national treasures stuff, say you have a Lou Gehrig patch that says "The enclosed material is guaranteed by Panini". What does that even mean? Nowhere does it say it is actually something worn by Lou Gehrig. Could just be a generic Yankee jersey, after all it is authentic. It would be nice to see if the patch on a card was actually worn by the person depicted on the card.

The bat cards look pretty neat (assuming they are legit).

Yeah.....Im not really trusting them too much these days. Worst description ever on the Earhart. Guaranteed by Panini? Guaranteed what? To be a piece of the plane? Piece of her goggles? Piece of leather couch from Goodwill??? lol....its very shady IMO....but I definitely agree even on the players Scottish Punk...it would be very nice to see "Jersey piece worn by ...... in MLB game" or something along those lines....
    Looking for ANY year Gridiron Kings Patch Autos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Punk View Post
    I agree. This is the main reason I just can't get into spending money on any game used stuff, some of it looks cool (a lot looks like garbage). It seems that all the COAs are vague. "Game Used" or "Event Worn", etc.. This national treasures stuff, say you have a Lou Gehrig patch that says "The enclosed material is guaranteed by Panini". What does that even mean? Nowhere does it say it is actually something worn by Lou Gehrig. Could just be a generic Yankee jersey, after all it is authentic. It would be nice to see if the patch on a card was actually worn by the person depicted on the card.

Yeah with this being a super high end set they should have hired an extra person to make the COAs sound nice. I mean you have a piece of what from Earhart here exactly? If it is a piece of plane what plane? If it is a piece of clothing from her then say it was worn by her. The auction probably would have gone for more money if the back read this is a piece of plane from x plane owned by Earhart. That would be a cool conversation piece but this leaves me asking more questions than answered and I'm usually a person that defends the vague COAs on game used stuff. As of right now Panini just guarantees that the material is material.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Greetings:
    I just wish when it comes to GUed material of any type they mentioned the date of the game that it was worn or used on as well show like Panini used to the actual piece of material before the slice and dice occuring. The reasoning I like to know what date then we can figure oh well he wasnt playing so he just wore while sitting on his kister all day or heres where he went blah blah for the day. I know one GUed item thats still on my list I like to locate and thats a GUed Licence Plate that was in Baltimore on September 6,1995. Unfortunately none of my friends that are cops can help me locate that great piece of memrobillia for me since then. Thats my take on this subject.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.

S.R.'75

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Punk View Post

Very well said, Scottish Punk. That's why I don't get heavily into memorabilia stuff. Give me a nice on card auto, and I'm happy. Some of the patch stuff looks really nice, but they're so oft counterfeited that I just get nervous about making a big investment.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

And what plane is that from? The plane she disappeared in was never found, so it's not from that particular plane. So where's the intrinsic value?
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12