Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Happy 10th Birthday SCF! Why not celebrate with a contest? Details inside

In honor of SCF's 10th birthday, we're going to be conducting contests all over the site! I've worked up something special for our family here in the Chit-Chat forums.

What I would like to see are your stories of your favorite personal encounters with a professional athlete. You have until Sunday, March 3rd at Noon EST to post your experiences in this thread. Once we've collected the stories, I will create a poll in this thread where people can vote on their favorites. The winner will be announced on Monday, March 5th at 6 PM (at which time the poll will close), and we'll have a nice little prize for him/her.

A few ground rules:

1. The story has to be yours. No "Oh my friend met Carmelo Anthony and he was so cool" stuff. This has to be your OWN encounter.
    2. Professional athletes only, no collegiate athletes (just because I have to draw a line somewhere). This can include professional wrestlers, and any organized pro sport with a league.
    3. You can only submit one story. This should probably go without saying, but I'll say it regardless. Pick your best and submit it.
    4. Don't lie. It takes the fun out of it.

I wanted to take a moment and give special thanks to all of you. The reason that SCF has been able to survive and thrive for a decade is because of dedicated and trustworthy members. We all have a common love, and it's my sincere belief that SCF will continue to do well because of the community that you all have built. It's an honor to be a part of it.

Have fun with this guys, hopefully it brings back some good memories! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

NOTE: WHILE YOU CAN POST STORIES IN EITHER THIS THREAD OR THE ONE IN THE CHIT-CHAT FORUM, THE POLL WILL ONLY TAKE PLACE IN THE CHIT-CHAT FORUM. PLEASE GO THERE TO VOTE ONCE THE POLL IS UP.
    Last edited by pghin08; 03-01-2013 at 01:15 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Wow I don't know where to start. I have a chance to meet several pro as well as college ballplayers in person. I guess my all time favorite encounter would be Candace Parker. I love me some Candace. She is a real sweetheart. Everytime she comes to Atlanta she not only takes to time to sign for each of her fans before the games but also after the games. I often seen more of her fans trying to get her autograph before and after games than fans trying to get nba players autographs. And yes she takes the time to give at least 1 auto to every fan and will sign mutiples time premitting. If there were ballplayers like Candace and less like Rasheed Wallace the world would be a better place.

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I had the chance to interact with Kevin Durant this season. They came into Detroit and it was cold, wet, and raining. I still stood outside for the chance to catch Durant, after about a hour of waiting (alone), I saw Durant coming back from shopping, I said "Kevin, could you sign my photo please?" And he replies "what?" so I repeat "Kevin, could you sign my photo please?" he then again repeats "what?", but then he starts laughing, and after I repeated again "Could you sign my photo please?" he came right over and gave me a pretty solid signature. We had some small talk and he told me I should get out of the rain and get warm, I thanked him and wished him good luck on the nights game. With how some superstars (such as LeBron or Kobe) don't really give fans the time of day, it's great to see someone like Durant who is so down to earth and chill.

Here is the photo I got signed:
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (18) NUTS
    Country
    See SHLBYSALEN's Items on eBay

Growing up NASCAR was and is the sport of choice in our house. Back before there were a 100 channels on tv and you had to listen to the races on radio.

The battles always seemed to come down to petty vs pearson and since my dad was a pearson fan I was a pearson fan.

However it was not until after my daughter was born that I was able to meet the silver fox for the first time. It was in spartanburg and the weather was hotter than bejeebers.

We stood in line and when we finally made it to David, I could not speak. See to me David was MICHAEL JORDAN. He was the greatest ever. My wife bent down and said mr pearson this is my husband Michael he is the one from asheville that sends you all those cards to sign [at the time 10 plus a week trying to get all of them signed ] hes too nervous to talk to you.

David said yea i know who he is and dont be like that IM NOBODY. I thought are you freaking kidding me your HIM. I never did speak just a nervous grunt.

Since that day I have met him four times almost always with the same result. I did manage to get one question out at the HOF the day he was selected but thats it. I have met other sports people and even Richard Petty never had a problem talking but when it comes to the silver fox cat gets my tounge

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Submissions are done! Please vote in the chit-chat forum in the stickied poll thread!