Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    I am watching 30 for 30 on ESPN Classic and they are talking about the Bartman game on there. Makes me wonder if our seats are anywhere near that if thats the case I am not sitting my seat at all I just stand above the ramp and take in the game I refuse to place my buttocks on the same seat as Steve Bartman. Sure I feel for the guy but I dont want to be mistaken for identity as him. Also its hard to believe back in 2008 at the National they had a briefcase of $$$$$$ for him should he make an appearance at the show and signed photos of the game needless to say he never made an appearance. I dont blame the guy cause if I was him I would need a bullet-proof vest and enclosed myself in a bullet-proof room where no one could touch me if I were to sign anything at all but leave the briefcase with me in that room and of course leave the $$$$$ in as well I am not that stupid not taking the $$$$$.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    Hard to believe that were just 105 days away til they open those wonderful doors for us to get our lists complete. I called Tri-Star on Monday and well.....I have to wait until June at least to find out dates of when the people at the Nat will be signing I just hope for still that David Justice isnt on Friday night so I can help out my fellow SCF friend out on getting his auto for his collection.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

New autograph signers have been announced!

The guest list for the 34th National Sports Collectors Convention, July 31-August 4 at the Donald E Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont continues to grow. Future Hall of Fame catcher Mike Piazza will be making a rare appearance at the National. Piazza, a likely first ballot Hall of Famer, was the 1993 NL Rookie of the Year and a 12-time All Star. Mike has a career .308 BA and 427 career home runs. Joining him will be "The Rocket" Roger Clemens. Clemens is a 7-time Cy Young Award Winner with over 300 wins and 4000 strikeouts. In addition to these greats, Former White Sox Hall of Fame Shortstop Luis Aparicio and Cubs right-hander Ferguson Jenkins have been added to the 34th National Autograph List. Piazza's godfather, Hall of Fame Manager Tommy Lasorda will be on hand as well.
    2011 NBA Hall of Fame Inductee Chris Mullin joins the growing list of signers. Mullin was a 3-Time Big East Player of the Year played on 2 Olympic Teams. Playing most of his 17 year NBA career with the Golden State Warriors, Chris was a 5-time NBA All Star. He is currently an ESPN Analyst. NFL Hall of Fame Coach Marv Levy has been added to the 34th National lineup. Levy coached the Buffalo Bills to 4 consecutive Super Bowl appearances in the early 1990's.
    Three additional signers have been added to the VIP Program. Hockey fans will remember Eddie Olczyk, former Chicago Black Hawk Center who had a 16 year NHL career. Olczyk was a member of the 1994-95 Stanley Cup Champion New York Rangers team. He tallied 342 career goals and coached the Pittsburgh Penguins before becoming a member of the Blackhawks broadcast team. Joining Olczyk will be former Hawks goaltender Murray Bannerman. Bannerman was an NHL All Star and currently ranks 5th among all Chicago Goaltenders in career wins. Robbie Bull, the Bulls 1st round draft pick in 1962 after a great college career at Baylor will be a VIP signer. Bull was named the NFC Rookie of the Year in 1962. He retired after a 10 year NFL career and was named to the Chicagoland Sports Hall of Fame in 2001.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    One can only wonder if Piazza and Clemens will be seating near each other when signing and if they will have a photos of the scrums they had too. I just wonder also if Tommy LaSorda will be between the 2 players or not. The rate the signers are coming in I am wondering if Ill have time to shop now also hopefully I can afford some of these players as well.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    101 days remaining hard to believe were almost to the 100 day march to Chicago days. Yazfan71 whats the latest news on the shirts. I am also thinking maybe we need to paint the Cubs logo on the first victums chest that falls asleep on Thursday night after a day at the show so they can showcase it at the game on Friday. If we do that I have $$$$ on Loqtus will be the first to fall asleep then Yazfan71 *lol* Sorry no counting the Mrs. Spuds1961 on that contest should she fall asleep first cause I value my manhood.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

Yazfan71 whats the latest news on the shirts.

I spoke with the guy that is working on them a week ago & it sounded like they were still a few weeks away from being completed. I will get pictures of them up when I get them back.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just stumbled upon this thread today - spuds, I hope you're feeling better!

I've never been to the National but my girlfriend is from Cleveland where the 2014 National is scheduled to be held, so hopefully I can combine trips and make it then.

Have fun counting down the rest of the days!
    Always looking for N.Y. Rangers, N.Y. Mets and N.Y. Giants - former, current, future - I'll look at anything you've got
    Kinda random but also interested in Dustin Tokarski cards - love that Tick mask!
    photobucket: Hidden Content
    trade list: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    NYC13 well we hope that we all can attend the 2014 show is as well but we have to see how we all get along on this year first providing they dont murder me and place me in the locker room in Lake Michigan. Who knows maybe we will see ya in Cleveland as well. Come on people we need to hear from ya to know what we can discuss while in Chicago we need some interaction from the viewers of our thread and we can discuss things on the journey.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    Well after reading that Rick Monday will be a VIP Signer makes me wonder if anyone will give him the 1991 Score card of the American Flag to sign. After all back in 1976 Rick playing Centerfield for the Cubs in an afternoon game when 2 people a father & son team took an American flag and tried to set it on fire only to have Monday come in at sprinter speed to swipe the flag from being burned. Also I learned that Black Jack McDowell former WhiteSox pitcher will be signing too I can remember how he would be Randy Johnson type of a scowl when he took the bump for the Sox for me I would have one thing to ask him what was it like to be the losing pitcher of the very 1st game in 1991 of U.S. Celluar Field(Then called Comiskey Park II) when he lost 16-0 to Detroit. Anyways I cant wait and were in the 2 digits of days remaining.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    Well just 3 months from the 29th of this month the Wax Pack comes together for the first time hopefully in Chicago and I cant wait so in honor of it I am having a Labatt Blue just hard to believe that July 29th will be here before we know it.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast