Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    Ill just stick with my Labatt at the moment for now unless I find one that I might enjoy. Finally we got our first outsider whoooahhhhh Smackvay we thank you any chances you might attend the National yourself or what. Oh Spuds you ever have a Yuki-Pepi its better then any JD& Coca~Cola you might ever had. I think you and I Spuds might be the only drinking stupors of the group since the others are a lil on the pop scene *lol* well catch ya all later
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

Greetings:
    Ill just stick with my Labatt at the moment for now unless I find one that I might enjoy. Finally we got our first outsider whoooahhhhh Smackvay we thank you any chances you might attend the National yourself or what. Oh Spuds you ever have a Yuki-Pepi its better then any JD& Coca~Cola you might ever had. I think you and I Spuds might be the only drinking stupors of the group since the others are a lil on the pop scene *lol* well catch ya all later

Never had a Yuki-Pepi and by the sounds of it I probably never will.I was noticing something that I always notice on scf today and that is alot of threads with lots of views and no replies,which leads me to thinking if we meet other members of scf are we just going to stand there and look at each other,food for thought.Take care Steve.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

Never had a Yuki-Pepi and by the sounds of it I probably never will.I was noticing something that I always notice on scf today and that is alot of threads with lots of views and no replies,which leads me to thinking if we meet other members of scf are we just going to stand there and look at each other,food for thought.Take care Steve.

My wife would be overjoyed if I could go to the card isle at Walmart without spending a half hour or so chatting with people I've never met before, so I highly doubt that we'd just be standing there looking at each other. She'll finish up her shopping at times & be waiting on me to shut up! Then on the ride home I'll hear "Who was that? & 9 times out of 10 my reply will be "I have no idea, we were just talking about cards." I think I would be more apt to put money on the fact that after 4 days, you'll be glad that you won't have to listen to the Commish or myself anymore for a while! LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country

My wife would be overjoyed if I could go to the card isle at Walmart without spending a half hour or so chatting with people I've never met before, so I highly doubt that we'd just be standing there looking at each other. She'll finish up her shopping at times & be waiting on me to shut up! Then on the ride home I'll hear "Who was that? & 9 times out of 10 my reply will be "I have no idea, we were just talking about cards." I think I would be more apt to put money on the fact that after 4 days, you'll be glad that you won't have to listen to the Commish or myself anymore for a while! LOL

Not talking about us Yazfan,talking about other members of this great site that probably have alot to offer but choose to remain silent.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Not talking about us Yazfan,talking about other members of this great site that probably have alot to offer but choose to remain silent.

Ahh...gotcha. I still don't see that happening though. Card shows have always been a totally different atmosphere than the forums. People always seem to be more open face to face. Forums have always had an overabundant share of "watchers" that just read & never reply. It's the nature of the beast. Oh, 138 days to go!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    Well I am still upset that the Cardinals didnt elect me again this time around and I thought I had a great chance but as I mentioned that idea went up in smoke when they picked that Argentinian to take over never fails. Anyways another idea how about we just stare blank faced if we meet anyone else *lol* I am kidding of course and I think after 3 days we will be like I need to get home this guy is driving me insane yeah again I am good at driving others insane but when they get there then never bring me back anything as a momento how rude is that much like that of how the Cardinals voting went earlier this week. Hard to believe 139 days remain and only 1 outsider of the group has posted on here also I think I need to send a virtual hotfoot to someone since hes been wery wery qwiet wees hunting wloqtus heheheheh....... as of late 3 postings something tells me he wont be able to stop talking once we get together. Well catch ya guys later off to update my page since I didnt have time yesterday after getting somethings in the mail from him.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tonight's beverage of choice George Killian's Irish red,pretty tasty.I'm going to try and think of the weirdest thing to look for at the National's and see if I can find it in the time we are there.I think we are going to have a blast and I'm hoping to meet alot of our members and discuss their collections with them.I don't know how many cards I will take with me but at least I have 138 days to figure that out.I want to come away from this National's with something that will define my collection,as I have tons of cards and autographed stuff just nothing that would make somebody say where the heck did he get that thing from.I'll be around so any other members that would like to help me out with some suggestions be my guest,if I can type something this long using my one finger method I'm sure it can't be that hard.Take care Steve.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well spuds, ol' buddy, ol' pal....after reading the Commish's last post I think that LoQtus might have you adding the Commish himself to your collection! Then people will really be asking where in the heck you got that! You are already gonna have a new item to the wardrobe as the order is in & all design plans were good to go, so with any luck I should get them in hopefully within the next couple of weeks! I'll be sure & post pics once I get them!

And Commish, you should be glad the Cardinals didn't pick you....Can you imagine what a 2 foot tall Ohio State hat on top of your head would look like?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See qaplagca's Items on eBay

Catching up

Yes, I'm afraid I'm not very consistent with daily posts, but am pretty much as excited to go again this year. (Though not nearly as much as Commish, he is already planning specific conversations each day.) So let me respond to some points raised (and completely ignore a few others):

We just have to get you a new person other than Yaz to collect Yazfan71 maybe someone easier like Razor Shines or maybe Yaz's 1975 teammate Richard Pole *lol*
    Start easy with a guy like Pumpsie Green. Funny name, not many cards, easy, (I can show you, I collect him too)... Commish would prefer Dave Morehead, but we won't go there...

LOL to the Tom Hanks / Commish pics...

I plan on buying a different bottle of beer everyday till the Nationals then me and my buddy wax packers can sample and compare...
    I'll be the DD for the late night retail run since I'm not much of a drinker anymore & when I was beer was never one of my options!

I'm with YazFan in that I'm not opposed to a good drink now and then, but never got past the first sip of beer before it would taste like gasoline. I was more into LIITea back in the day, but usually only have a few heavily flavored drinks around the pool hall.

Oh Spuds you ever have a Yuki-Pepi...
    Sounds more like what you do after you have one and what you take for your stomach later...

I was noticing something ....a lot of threads with lots of views and no replies
    My main impression of SCF is that there are some righteous collectors, set builders, etc. and then there are a significant portion of Mojo hunters and flippers. So if you're not talking about Bowman SuperChrome Xtrafractor triple autograph black variation short print #/5 case hit Beckett feature story rookie cards, they have nothing to say.

LoQtus might have you adding the Commish himself to your collection! Then people will really be asking where in the heck you got that!
    Still trying to figure that one out. He says it was bidding against each other on a box of 2002 Upper Deck 40-man. Maybe it is penance for trading away my George Brett rookie back in the 80's for some base card.

And Commish, you should be glad the Cardinals didn't pick you....Can you imagine what a 2 foot tall Ohio State hat on top of your head would look like?
    I gotta photo shop that one!

wees hunting loqtus heheheheh....... as of late 3 postings something tells me he wont be able to stop talking once we get together.

That better? Looking forward to the "round table" discussions on different hobby topics, and searching for each other's big hits to their want lists...

GCA
    PM please for quicker response

My Want list site:Hidden Content

Cards - they're like 2˝" by 3˝" slices of crack!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    Loqtus you might have to find that guy that has season tickets to the Packers to find his Pope-Like Miter hat thats has Lombardi on it to give ya some insights. Also I think we need the link to that special Bowman card you made as well Loqtus. Well thats all I have to mention at this time catch ya later.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast