Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

Another update from the National!

The first official event at the National each year is the VIP Reception. Open to all attendees who have purchased any of the VIP Admission Packages, the Reception is held on Wednesday afternoon, July 31 from 2:30-4:00PM. In addition to receiving their VIP credentials, gift package and VIP autograph tickets, VIPs are treated to a reception with food and beverage. The National also provides several free autograph signers at the Reception. This year we think we've outdone ourselves. Appearing at the VIP Reception will be four big name signers. Previously announced were former Olympic Gold Medalists Dick Fosbury, creator of the "Fosbury Flop" style used by almost every high jumper today and Bob Beamon, who set an unbelievable world record by long jumping over 29' in Mexico City in 1968. Joining these Olympians will be Dwight "Doc" Gooden, 1984 Rookie of the Year and 1985 Cy Young Award Winner and Bears Running Back Neal Anderson. Anderson is a four-time Pro Bowl selection who succeeded Walter Payton and is the second leading rusher in Bears history.

Dwight Gooden burst on the scene in 1984 as a 19 year old fireballer with the New York Mets. In July of that season, he became the youngest pitcher ever to start an All Star Game. Gooden went on to win the 1984 NL Rookie of the Year Award. His breakout season came in 1985 when he went 24-4 with a 1.53 ERA and 268 strikeouts and was named Cy Young Award Winner. Gooden was a 4-time All-Star for the Mets and pitched for them through 1994. In 1996 his career took a big lift when he joined the Yankees. Gooden threw a no-hitter for the Yankees and was a member of their 1996 and 2000 World Series Championship teams. "Dr. K", as he was known, ended his career with 194 wins and nearly 2300 career strikeouts.

Neal Anderson received All America mentions in 1984 & 1985, playing for the University of Florida. A member of the University's Hall of Fame, Neal was the first round pick of the Chicago Bears in the 1986 NFL Draft. Hand picked to succeed Bears All-Time Great Walter Payton, Anderson became the Bears starter in 1987. He put together 3 consecutive 1000 yard rushing season and was named All Pro in 1988, 1989, 1990 and 1991. Anderson's career was cut short by injury but he scored 51 career touchdowns and is currently the Bears 2nd leading career rusher trailing only the great Walter Payton.

All four of these great athletes, Gooden, Anderson, Fosbury and Beamon, will be signing at the VIP Reception on Wednesday afternoon open to all attendees who have purchased any one of the VIP Admission Packages for the National.

90 days to go!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    After 2 days of not having my computer to work its great to have it back in working order and I am shocked to see Dr. K Gooden will be there that is so F^*(&^*&^*& SWEET!!!!!!!!!!! Oh boy so many things to gather around for this summer catch ya all later.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See qaplagca's Items on eBay

Interesting choices for VIPs this year. I met Fosbury the last time the Nat was in Chicago when I was getting his auto for someone else. Had two of them for him to sign, but there was a limit of one per person in line. Commish left me hanging. Fosbury was fine with doing two and was a really nice guy.
    Commish, try to limit yourself to under ten pieces for Gooden autographs....
    PM please for quicker response

My Want list site:Hidden Content

Cards - they're like 2˝" by 3˝" slices of crack!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    Loqtus just 10 eh!!!! I suppose I could try that but.....its just Ill have you help me figure which 10 I get then. *lol*

SCF Rewards
    Country

So it seems that you guys are doing the VIP thing - is that so you have access to all the autograph guests or are there other benefits to a VIP ticket?

What are you guys most interested in obtaining at the national? Is it the autographs, stuff from your want lists, or Giambi's thong?

Or is it
    Always looking for N.Y. Rangers, N.Y. Mets and N.Y. Giants - former, current, future - I'll look at anything you've got
    Kinda random but also interested in Dustin Tokarski cards - love that Tick mask!
    photobucket: Hidden Content
    trade list: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So it seems that you guys are doing the VIP thing - is that so you have access to all the autograph guests or are there other benefits to a VIP ticket?

What are you guys most interested in obtaining at the national? Is it the autographs, stuff from your want lists, or Giambi's thong?

Or is it

There are other benefits than just the autos. I believe we get early access to the show each day, as well as all of the promo giveaways from the card companies. The free parking alone for the duration of our stay there is going to save us quite a bit of money there too! Another advantage is not having to wait in line for the autographs behind all of the general admission ticket holders. Time is always a valuable commodity.

My main interest is getting together with good friends & "talking shop" so to speak. I'm sure I'll pick up at least a few Yaz cards off my wantlist, but hanging out with these guys at Wrigley on Friday I think is just going to be a blast!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I definitely want to see a game at Wrigley sometime - I hope those proposed renovations they'll be doing won't end up turning it into just another generic ballpark.

Are you guys getting one of those TriStar all access passes so that you can jump the line for all autograph guests? That would really free up a lot of time. And free parking is definitely a great perk too!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I definitely want to see a game at Wrigley sometime - I hope those proposed renovations they'll be doing won't end up turning it into just another generic ballpark.

I'm more concerned with the possible move than I am the renovations. Wrigley is a landmark that I'd hate to lose.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    Well hotel rooms are reserved just now to get the SVIPs tickets ordered and check on flight schedules for Loqtus and we are sitting pretty hopefully that I get some assistance on getting Goodens Autograph. I am thinking a ball for sure and 4 cards to get yes I narrowed it down to that so far not to shabby eh Loqtus. NYC13 some of the goodies that they present us go for future trade bait for me or maybe something I might enjoy and the only autographs I go for are those that I can afford on my budget. As for the Wrigley Field trip it will be one thing definately off my bucket list and hopefully I can get a nice pic of me in front of the iconic scoreboard with the ivy in the background or get a piece of the ivy hmmmmm I am surprised on something about the ivy nah I wont reveal it cause of spies are around watching the boards. I hope the renovations dont take away the mystic of the history of the great ballfield. As for a new one I dont see it happening cause the Cubs fans will revolt on it. Just a reminder Yazfan71 to pack your digital camera so we dont have to resolve to using Camera Phones.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    Well I cant believe it just 1 month from now Ill be done with work at the school I am at for the year and on summer break and then just a lil note to my fellow friends on this journey that they have 1 month and 1 day from this date May 9th, 2013 to get "Mr. Baseball Know-It-All" a nice 38th B-Day present or am I going to have to wait until were all together in Chicago in July/August to recieve it *lol* just remember if ya send me a check make it out to my real name Corneius Alyowishes Smithsonian Harrelson(C.A.S.H.) with any amount over $10 at least *lol* Anyways I am looking forward to show just only 83 remaining til Opening Night.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast