Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Post The wax pack journey to the 2013 national sports card convention in chicago,illinois

Greetings:Welcome to what I hope becomes a great legendary of posts for many to observe and post up comments and understand we aren't trained professionals in this task at hand. I am Bseballcommish75 the youngest member of this group of 4 collectors from SCF that will come together to attend the 2013 National Sports Card Convention in Chicago,Illinois. I just hope that my other 3 co-host on the journey will enlighten you with our outragous banter and outlook on this great event that will take place from July 31st to Aug. 5th. I will be accompanied by these 3 individuals and again hopefully they chime in alot to tell you what the expect and what this experance is what makes collecting sports cards fun and exciting. The other individuals have asked me to be the person to start the thread as well be the scapegoat if we get arrested to that I have to say I didnt have nothing to do with it your honor I was just innocent bystander with that let me introduce the others.*Does his best Michael Buffer impression* He hails from Indiana and will be attending his first National Convention since 2004 and he is still in denile over the great season Miguel Cabrera had last year in 2012 he like his player Carl Yastrzemski to retain the title as baseball last Triple Crown Winner he is the one any only YazFan71. Our next individual hails from Maryland and will be attending his 4th National Convention in a row after attending his 1st back in 2010 in his native Baltimore a great guy when it comes to computer technology and fixing them and having a large collection of Washington Redskins I introduce you to Loqtus. Now our next person hails from Mississippi after living in New York before that and will be attending his first National Convention ever(NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!) *lol* he is the master of the retail pack breakers along with his wife the man we all envy on those breaks the one and only and oldest member of the group Spuds1961. Then finally there is me coming from Michigan and liker of The Ohio State Buckeyes (yes I know wierd eh but thats just me) Ill be attending my 7th National Convention (2002,2004,2008,2010,2011,2012).
    Hopefully we can tell you our insights and thoughts as we make the journey to this event. With pictures as we trade insults with each other,cards,inside information from the card companies to bunch of things you would want to say I wonder if these 4 are insane or mental. Now if ya read the title of the thread it says "The Wax Pack Journey...." We are calling our lil group Wax Pack after YazFan71 suggested it and it went through a vote and it won overwhelmingly 4-0. The story behind group started back in 2010 when attending the National with Loqtus we talked about having a small group of people to give insights cause 2 people talking about cards isnt much so after much thought I formed this group of collectors from these places hopefully we can have group expand more pending on how this years journey goes. So with all that I mention I am sorry for the long introduction page read were just about 150 days remain until the show. So stay tuned!!!! this post I am sure it will get better.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

Hey all,looking forward to my first National,been to some big card shows when I lived in New York but nothing on this scale.I'm glad to be meeting up with 3 people who've already attended Nationals as knowing what to expect is part of the solution.I think this hobby that we share has more to it than just collecting little pieces of cardboard,it brings people together with a common bound.Some may say our hobby is dying a slow death but I would like to think otherwise.I will give as much insight from the Nationals as I can,and remember your next great card is only a pack away,take care Steve.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

WOW! I'm not sure where to start. Such a fine introduction from the Commish, but I do have just 1 question. Do you really believe that the judge would think that you'd be just an innocent bystander? (Now who's in denial? LOL) Seriously though, I can't wait for the show to be able to meet LoQtus & Mr. & Mrs. spuds1961! It's events such as this that prove that the hobby isn't dying, but is in fact full of life. I have been drafted by the Commish to ensure that our exploits in Chicago during the National are captured for blackmail purposes....uh, I mean posterity. So, with my trusty camera in hand, I look forward to showing all the best that the National & the "Wax Pack" have to offer!

Is it July 31st yet?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    Blackmailing me already I can tell. Great there goes my chances to become the Papal spokeperson now it just all up in White Smoke thanks alot Yazfan71 *lol* but seriously I only hope we dont have to give Spuds1961 CPR when he goes by the Benchwarmers booth cause I am not doing it so I nominate that guy *pointing over towards Loqtus* Hes all yours to resesitate *lol* Catch all later.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See qaplagca's Items on eBay

Sorry, Hon, I ain't rully from Balmer. I been to Dundalk a couple times recently, but I'm from closer to Dee Cee...
    PM please for quicker response

My Want list site:Hidden Content

Cards - they're like 2˝" by 3˝" slices of crack!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See qaplagca's Items on eBay

Looking forward to killing want lists from baseball, football, and hockey sets, 40+ baseball player collections, Priest Holmes, Sergei Fedorov, and Redskins should the budget allow. Though the Redskins are tougher unless they're sorted.
    But Commish gets upset if you spend too much time at one dime-box table...

Might bring my small tablet with the crappy interface. Much lighter than a full binder and easier to scroll through big wantlists. But if it keeps zooming instead of scrolling, I'll probably throw it....

Looking forward to meeting the other Pack members. Glad someone else will be sharing the driving and taking turns keeping Commish from annoying the players and vendors.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    I dont annoy the players and dealers I just get upset when I cant seem to locate a bunch from my lists. As for spending hours and hours at the dime tables I have no problem in that but you need to see other things ya know and soak in all the history and maybe some things you wouldnt see on a regular basis. Case in point the Swamp Finds from last year that were graded you tell me if see those at any other show then the National eh!!!! I am just hoping that I can knock out about 12 pages of my baseball wants off and knock out 5 on my hockey wants as for my football well I am just hoping that someone might have some of the 1992 Topps Golds I need as well the 1993 Skybox Impact too. Loqtus just remember your tablet isnt an etch a sketch ya dont need to shake it to clear it *lol*. Well folks just 148 days remain which one of us will go insane after the trip is complete stay tuned!!!! Hint my $$$$$ is on me *lol*

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    With 146 more days remain you think we get some buzz from others on here hearing us talk about what we are looking forward to at the National or maybe even wanting to join us. Anyways I just also I run into someone with some great deals on supplies that way I can load up on them. Well catch ya guys later.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

Ain't gonna happen buddy,people aren't all aglow about the Nationals this far in advance,maybe a week prior but not now.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

You'd still think that people would want to start making their plans now. If they wait til a week prior they may miss out on some great opportunities!

Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast