Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Christian group sues school over Buddhist indoctrination.....by using yoga!

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/02...gious-freedom/

^ Hypocrisy at it's absolute worst and most ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by article
    Republicans have taken this opportunity to offer us a sample of astounding hypocrisy, as evidenced by Dean Broyles, an attorney with the right-wing “legal defense organization” called the National Center for Law and Policy. This organization is representing the parents in their lawsuit. He stated that, “This is frankly the clearest case of the state trampling on the religious freedom rights of citizens that I have personally witnessed in my 18 years of practice as a constitutional attorney,” despite the fact that yoga is practiced across the country non-religiously and, in most venues, has nothing at all to do with any of the eastern religions associated with the creation or tradition of yoga.

^Suing for "trampling on the religious freedom rights of citizens" huh?

But Some of you guys might not know who this 'National Center for Law and Policy' is....well, this is who they are:

the National Center for Law and Policy, represent the exact sort of interests that are normally faulted for trying to get religion in schools. In fact, some of the things that this organization has fought for in the past are on-campus Bible studies and moments of prayer; the argument to validate these practices on school grounds is that other students aren’t forced to participate and there is no school endorsement of those activities.

^Absolutely hilarious.

I was going to do a min rant on this group and how utterly embarrassing their showing of blatant hypocrisy really is, but I'll quote the article once more, because they wrap it up nicely....

In this case, with yoga being a physical exercise, saying it violates your religious freedom is simply silly......It’s very dangerous to teach our kids to exercise, after all.

Last edited by JustAlex; 03-02-2013 at 04:39 AM.