Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    RNH not scoring, why ?

    has all the talent in the world and is playing with other talented players.
    he is given the most ice time on the team's forwards and still...

    eberle and hall are not having huge years but are at least around 1 point per game.

    as #1 center I am really wondering how he manages it to end up without points so often,
    even when his line is scoring.

    I know he is possible playing with a bad shoulder right now,
    just wondering why he isn't even getting more assists here and there...

    by the way I am also wondering why EDM isn't scoring more goals with all that offensive talent.

  2. #2
    Statistically it's not explainable, no matter how hard I try. He's getting the ice time 5v5 and 5v4, but he's only averaging 2 shots per game and is carrying an even +/- where most of the other forwards are in the negatives... all I can guess is that he's spending most of his time on the defensive side of the puck.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting : Gil Perreault, Tyler Myers, Jonas Enroth, Drew Stafford
    WANTED : 05-06 Shooting Stars Jerseys: Ryder-Shanahan-Drury-Alfredsson-Jagr-Peca-Recchi-Nash-Smyth


  3. #3
    The line would be good for an all-star game, but in the NHL there needs to be some role players. I am thinking of what the Habs and Leafs have done this year, adding some big intimidating players who crash and bang, generally disturbing the peace, to give their smaller skilled guys more room and Confidence....or not, just a thought...

  4. #4


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,768
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Estovia View Post
    Statistically it's not explainable, no matter how hard I try. He's getting the ice time 5v5 and 5v4, but he's only averaging 2 shots per game and is carrying an even +/- where most of the other forwards are in the negatives... all I can guess is that he's spending most of his time on the defensive side of the puck.
    I was thinking similarly. The Sedins started off really slow this season but are better on the back end than they've ever been. Meanwhile, when Bieksa was healthy he was doing quite well offensively but missing assignments in his own zone.
    Guys start focussing on other aspects to grow their game and what they were best at before suffers. Eventually it catches back up when they figure out how to put the two focusses together.

  5. #5
    maybe....like almost every young player in the nhl, he was severly overrated, and isnt actually the crosby superstar that the media made him out to be?
    looking for 10-11 crown royale paralells, and dominion ruby/blue autos

  6. #6
    Quite simply a sophomore slump I believe is the best way to sum it up...

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by policeradio556 View Post
    Quite simply a sophomore slump I believe is the best way to sum it up...
    This ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by bojohnson View Post
    maybe....like almost every young player in the nhl, he was severly overrated, and isnt actually the crosby superstar that the media made him out to be?
    With a little of this ^^

    He has been hurt too hasn't he? Maybe he isn't actually 100%?
    LOOKING FOR:
    The Cup Limited Logos & Ultimate Premium Patches (all years) of all Leaf players
    Hard Signed Autos (SPA SOTT, Ultimate Signatures)
    Ian White cards that I don't have --- Hidden Content
    Hidden Content --- Hidden Content

  8. #8
    Because he's a 19 year old kid, playing against men. Most players do not dominate the nhl at his age, and there is no reason to be surprised that his isn't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •