Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: RNH not scoring, why ?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See auktions_welpe's Items on eBay

RNH not scoring, why ?

has all the talent in the world and is playing with other talented players.
    he is given the most ice time on the team's forwards and still...

eberle and hall are not having huge years but are at least around 1 point per game.

as #1 center I am really wondering how he manages it to end up without points so often,
    even when his line is scoring.

I know he is possible playing with a bad shoulder right now,
    just wondering why he isn't even getting more assists here and there...

by the way I am also wondering why EDM isn't scoring more goals with all that offensive talent.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See railblaze's Items on eBay

Statistically it's not explainable, no matter how hard I try. He's getting the ice time 5v5 and 5v4, but he's only averaging 2 shots per game and is carrying an even +/- where most of the other forwards are in the negatives... all I can guess is that he's spending most of his time on the defensive side of the puck.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

The line would be good for an all-star game, but in the NHL there needs to be some role players. I am thinking of what the Habs and Leafs have done this year, adding some big intimidating players who crash and bang, generally disturbing the peace, to give their smaller skilled guys more room and Confidence....or not, just a thought...
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Statistically it's not explainable, no matter how hard I try. He's getting the ice time 5v5 and 5v4, but he's only averaging 2 shots per game and is carrying an even +/- where most of the other forwards are in the negatives... all I can guess is that he's spending most of his time on the defensive side of the puck.

I was thinking similarly. The Sedins started off really slow this season but are better on the back end than they've ever been. Meanwhile, when Bieksa was healthy he was doing quite well offensively but missing assignments in his own zone.
    Guys start focussing on other aspects to grow their game and what they were best at before suffers. Eventually it catches back up when they figure out how to put the two focusses together.

SCF Rewards
    Country

maybe....like almost every young player in the nhl, he was severly overrated, and isnt actually the crosby superstar that the media made him out to be?

Account Suspended
    Due To Rules Violations

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quite simply a sophomore slump I believe is the best way to sum it up...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Maple Leafs
    See durangatang7's Items on eBay

Quite simply a sophomore slump I believe is the best way to sum it up...

This ^^

maybe....like almost every young player in the nhl, he was severly overrated, and isnt actually the crosby superstar that the media made him out to be?

With a little of this ^^

He has been hurt too hasn't he? Maybe he isn't actually 100%?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Because he's a 19 year old kid, playing against men. Most players do not dominate the nhl at his age, and there is no reason to be surprised that his isn't.