Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question Game used shield 1/1 error?

I recently pulled a 1/1 Ovechekin shield patch from Upperdeck Game Used but the patch is upside down. I have seen a few on ebay and in store of other players but none that were upside down. Is this considered an error card even though there is only one? If so does it make the card more valuable? Thank you all for your replies in advanced and as soon as I get the chance I will scan and post the actual card.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

first off welcome to SCF, secondly only buy Panini or ITG lol. look forward to seeing this card

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

first off welcome to SCF, secondly only buy Panini or ITG lol. look forward to seeing this card

Ahh, a man after my own heart.

Seriously though, I don't think that would increase the value at all, being that it's a 1/1. There might be someone out there who thinks it's cool enough to put a premium on it over, for example, other 1/1s of the same player, but finding those people is going to be ridicu-hard.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here is the scan...ovechkin.jpg

I am a collector of many different cards, game used is what was in stock at the time so I grabbed it. I love and have a large collection of panini, just dont like the masses of parallels.

here are a couple examples of ebay auctions of what they normally look like.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-13-UPPER-...item43b94ccfa2
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-UPPER-D...item4ac1ed2a48

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See th1ckasabr1ck's Items on eBay

Upper Deck could not have screwed up the shields in SP Game Used anymore. First there's that stupid small patch window that makes the card look awful, and then they screw up and put them in upside-down.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

No the card is not more valuable.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kevhur's Items on eBay

No the card is not more valuable.

Agree, if anything it would make it less valuable to me

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Upper Deck could not have screwed up the shields in SP Game Used anymore. First there's that stupid small patch window that makes the card look awful, and then they screw up and put them in upside-down.

Amen on the small window. I know they did it for overall set uniformity, but these are 1/1s and they should have given them the NHL logo window.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Maple Leafs
    See durangatang7's Items on eBay

This X 1000

WHY would they make the window so small? Stupid..... Being upside down is a whole different story.

SCF Rewards
    Country

LOL! That is HILARIOUS!! Oh, man. I have no idea what people are disillusioned with the "hobby". BTW, I truly and honestly feel for you. That would suck big time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast