This is why I stopped buying retail... (World's Greatest Card Chase box break)

Now first off I'd just like to say, I know I made a poor decision in a box to break.. But it's been probably around 6 months since I last opened any kind of packs and I used to love opening this stuff when it first came out back in '07 I believe, when they just put random cards into packs but I didn't realize that this was the "Pack Edition", should've just gone with the Walmart re-pack or Series 1 but anyways onto the break...

Here's my packs:
    89 Donruss
    90 Fleer
    07 Future Stars
    92 Leaf Series 2
    91 Line Drive (AA Baseball Cards)
    94 Pinnacle Series 2 Hobby
    91 Score Series 1
    92 Stadium Club Series 2
    89 Sportflics
    89 Topps x3
    89 Topps Big Baseball Cards (I've never seen these before)
    08 Topps Opening Day
    91 UD x2

I cringed as I was going through the packs.. I love 89 Topps but I already have a complete set + 800 singles so I didn't really need any of that, but here's the few cards worth noting (barely)

90 Fleer Deion Sanders
    07 Future Stars Felix Hernandez
    92 Stadium Club Wade Boggs
    89 Topps Mike Schmidt
    91 UD Chuck Knoblauch RC

Besides a few Rangers cards I didn't have that's really the only cards of interest... I'll probably buy some series 1 Topps pretty soon but maybe not, probably just stick to buying singles since I have the worst luck ever lol.

Thanks for the read and better luck to you!
    Collecting Texas Rangers autographs
    281/950 (30%) of all Texas Rangers/Washington Senators players

Hidden Content

2. Wata Photo
    Ouch,my experience with one was much like yours,a curiosity purchase that as soon as I saw the packs I knew it was a mistake.Retail can be good if you know what to buy,try one of those topps best of 2012 boxes for 19.99 it comes with 11 packs usually ginter or gypsy queen,bowman or topps heritage you'll get a nice little mixture of packs also some have bowman platinum in them.The other thing is if you see discounted blasters for 11.99 at Target or Walmart they're usually worth giving a try.
    All my teams stink.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Yeah I normally go with either current cards or the Topps Value boxes they've had the past few years, and I've pulled a few good cards out of those, but my local Walmarts actually stopped carrying the discounted blasters for some reason.. They had alot of them early last year but I haven't seen a single one since about March.. I haven't seen the Best of Topps, I'll have to check around for that
    Collecting Texas Rangers autographs
    281/950 (30%) of all Texas Rangers/Washington Senators players

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
    Ouch,my experience with one was much like yours,a curiosity purchase that as soon as I saw the packs I knew it was a mistake.Retail can be good if you know what to buy,try one of those topps best of 2012 boxes for 19.99 it comes with 11 packs usually ginter or gypsy queen,bowman or topps heritage you'll get a nice little mixture of packs also some have bowman platinum in them.The other thing is if you see discounted blasters for 11.99 at Target or Walmart they're usually worth giving a try.

I usually wait for the mark downs, It's the prior years product but with a $11.99 blaster you can still get the patch that comes in them and maybe a decent hit with a RC or you still get the Red or Blue boarder depending on where you go.
    Hidden Content
    ONLY SHIP ON MON & FRI UNLESS PWE. U.S. ONLY
    Dodgers: 1955, 1959, 1963, 1965, 1981, 1988

Do what steve said. Can't go wrong with discounted blasters. The better repacks won't have ridiculous junk wax in them like that. Sorry about your bad experience man, it happens!
    Supercollecting: Bert Blyleven

Follow my Allen and Ginter Obsession here: Hidden Content

(Don't Even Click Here It's So Outdated) Photobucket: Hidden Content