Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Mike Komisarek Requests a Trade

Saw earlier today that The Score posted that Komisarek has requested a trade out of Toronto and submitted a list of 12 teams to which he would accept being dealt.

Talk about a guy that has massively fallen from grace. A healthy scratch most nights, Komisarek has never lived up to the contract he signed with the Leafs. Lucic really did a number on him (two, actually) during Komi's last season in Montreal, and it's completely untracked him as a guy that was somewhat feared for his big hits and strong defending style of play.

Remember when Pierre McGuire compared Komisarek, Beauchemin, and someone I don't remember to the Habs vaunted "Big Three" of Robinson, Savard, and Lapointe of the 1970's Habs? That sure turned out eh, Pierre?
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

lol, nobody wants him

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

I've always like Komi. It's not his fault Burke signed him to what he did. Komi is still a reliable d man. He's getting screwed around by us right now.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

If hit weren't for his brutal contract, it wouldn't be as bad but he hasn't lived up to what he's earning. When he has played this season he has played better than the past couple of years though but I wouldn't expect anything of value for him. Even with his list of 12 teams, he better be open-minded to playing pretty much anywhere.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've personally never been a fan of Komisarek. I'm a Leafs fan but perhaps it dates back to his days as a Habs player. He's always struck me as the kind of player who will cross check you in the back and then never stand up for himself. I could be wrong but I've just never taken a shine to him as a Leaf, and wouldn't mind seeing him leave.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbuying79's Items on eBay

If we retain enough salary we could get a low-mid round pick for him. Ron Wilson's style didn't help Komisarek at all. I think he would have thrived under Carlyle's system but with the unlucky/stupid stick breaking eye injury he's been spending all his time in the press box.

As a 2 mil player he'd be playing. His current rate though was a giant overpayment. I hope he finds a new team and redemption. The Leafs have too many young good players on the blue line on the rise. Something has to give. We trade Komi and all of a sudden we've room to bring up Gardiner.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

I've personally never been a fan of Komisarek. I'm a Leafs fan but perhaps it dates back to his days as a Habs player. He's always struck me as the kind of player who will cross check you in the back and then never stand up for himself. I could be wrong but I've just never taken a shine to him as a Leaf, and wouldn't mind seeing him leave.

yea, same here

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See railblaze's Items on eBay

Yea I don't know who would take on that contract for anything more than maybe a 6th or 7th round pick. I mean, they maybe NYI would take on that number (4.5 cap, 3.5 salary) since they're always looking for a way to make the floor while spending as little cash as possible, but I doubt the Isle is on Komisarek's list.

Toronto will be dealing from a poor position here. I would be interested to see who his 12 acceptable teams are, because I doubt any of them would be willing to give up anything good to bring him on.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Best thing that ever happened to that cocky puke was Lucic! Have fun in the minors Mike.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (10)
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See xelloss1012's Items on eBay

Komisarek showed after leaving Montreal that he was not good enough by himself. Being once Markov's partner on the blueline, it showed that Markov was the dominant player of the two by far. When Phaneuf was with the Flames, after Hamrlik was no longer his partner on the blueline, it showed he needed to improve his zone coverage greatly.

Kinda shows that pairings once broken can show if a player can shine under different pairups.