Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So I did the math.....

SCF Rewards
    Country

dude there are 6 billion people on the planet. I Think god has more important things to do then run around and make token visits to everyone of those people.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Okay, now show me where Jesus said tithing needs to continue. Heck, show me any NT verse.

P.S.
    Thanks for assuming I need a definition of "tithe" but that wasn't my question whatsoever and the definition was pointless.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Okay, now show me where Jesus said tithing needs to continue. Heck, show me any NT verse.

P.S.
    Thanks for assuming I need a definition of "tithe" but that wasn't my question whatsoever and the definition was pointless.

So are you suggesting that we throw out thiding because it is in the OT and Jesus never specifically mentioned the word thiding or gave a 10% figure?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So are you suggesting that we throw out thiding because it is in the OT and Jesus never specifically mentioned the word thiding or gave a 10% figure?

No, I'm saying tithing was part of the Mosaic Law. Jesus' death fullfilled said law making it null and void.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

No, I'm saying tithing was part of the Mosaic Law. Jesus' death fullfilled said law making it null and void.

that is logic at its finest, seriously, it is!!!

good post wickabee

SCF Rewards
    Country

that is logic at its finest, seriously, it is!!!

good post wickabee

I don't think that too many preachers would be happy to see you two agreeing on that.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I don't think that too many preachers would be happy to see you two agreeing on that.

Probably not. I have nothing against donating to a church of your own volition, but there is no reason for any Christian to be coerced into giving anything, let alone a certain percentage. If people realized this, churches would lose a lot of money.

Is the church that follows a man who tossed money chambers out of a temple demanding 10% of your income make sense to you? I think Jesus cares not for money.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I can understand this on a community level, to keep your church operating, but it is not a law of God.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Christian churches demanding money makes no sense. That's all there is to it.
    Donating money to your church makes a lot of sense. Pay-to-Worship does not.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can see the church as a non profit and with it's members donating would not be able to operate and pay day to day expenses such as light bill, internet, water, phone, mortgage, etc. However i do have a problem with someone with 4 kids who doesen't know if they kids will eat tommorrow giving their last while the preacher lives in a mansion and their kids have all the latest jordans and videogames. That's just not right.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast