Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mississippi's first gay mayoral candidate found beaten & burned to death

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...riverbank.html

An openly gay Mississippi mayoral candidate whose body was found dumped on a riverbank last week was beaten and burned, his family has said.

Marco McMillian's godfather, Carter Womack, said on Monday that the information came from the Coahoma County coroner, but the coroner declined to comment.

Womack said the family was told McMillian's body was dragged under a fence and left near a Mississippi River levee last week. It was discovered on Tuesday.

A person with knowledge of the investigation told the Associated Press that McMillian had bruises and there were burns on at least part of his body.

On Thursday, Lawrence Reed, 22, was taken into custody and charged with the murder of McMillian, the state's first openly gay candidate for public office. He was running for mayor of Clarksdale.

The relationship between the two men is unclear but Reed was allegedly driving McMillian's SUV when it was involved in a head-on crash just before the candidate's body was discovered.

According to the pressregister.com, Reed, an associate at the Motor Club of America, was injured in the crash and provided police with the location of McMillian's body.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm so crazy....

Here I thought it was 2013, but I forget that Mississippi (One of the most backwards places in the entire first world) is perpetually stuck in 1955.

Good to see they're doing so well....OH WAIT!

>Poorest state in the nation
    >one of the least educated states in the nation

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

I'm so crazy....

Here I thought it was 2013, but I forget that Mississippi (One of the most backwards places in the entire first world) is perpetually stuck in 1955.

Disgusting....I'm betting they are still watching black and white tv's and haven't heard of the internet. I can't believe it...I know some people murder because they are messed up in the head, but this guy murders on pure hate....makes me sick...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Somebody's getting gassed for this.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

As unfortunate as this is, there is no evidence that he was killed for being gay. The guy who supposedly killed him was driving his SUV, so this could easily have been a car jacking/robbery gone bad. It's a little presumptive to assume that because a gay man was killed he was killed because he was gay. In fact, the area where this occurred is a poverty stricken area with a very high crime rate that averages 5 or 6 stolen vehicles per month.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

As unfortunate as this is, there is no evidence that he was killed for being gay. The guy who supposedly killed him was driving his SUV, so this could easily have been a car jacking/robbery gone bad. It's a little presumptive to assume that because a gay man was killed he was killed because he was gay. In fact, the area where this occurred is a poverty stricken area with a very high crime rate that averages 5 or 6 stolen vehicles per month.

True but the killer is still getting gassed.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

What do you expect from a state that officially ended slavery last month?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

you know not to bring common sense into this. if someone who is not a heterosexual white male is murdered, they were murdered for not being a heterosexual white male.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

you know not to bring common sense into this. if someone who is not a heterosexual white male is murdered, they were murdered for not being a heterosexual white male.

It's funny, I read the story again and there's nothing to suggest the killer wasn't gay himself. Lovers quarrel?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm so crazy....

Actually, your liberal utopia of CA is just about the poorest state in the nation in terms of unemployment and hey its almost last in education as well despite spending the most.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast