Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Anyone else think the recent rise in atheism is related somehow to the recent rise in false senses of entitlement?

Can you expand on this thought? I'm not sure what you mean. Are you thinking that atheists tend to have false senses of entitlement? If so, I'd say this has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of religious people who have entitlement issues.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Funny, I don't feel like he "hooked" me into anything. Was I supposed to not reply? I knew what he was getting at and addressed it in my post. I look forward to him making another cast.

Wow. So you're able to do that but no one else has that ability (since you call out everyone who does). Fact is you presumed something that wasn't actually there, as you often accuse others of.

Or am I wrong and he did actually say all that?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I personally think more people are coming out with being an atheist because it is a little more socially acceptable now than it was way back when also all of these religious fanitical loons are turning a lot of people off to religion. Religions namely christanity and islam are also doing a poor job of checking the fanatics they use them as an opportunity to say don't became a christian/muslim/etc because they are terrorist/child molesters/etc instead of saying hey man you need to check yourself you are making it bad for all of us and making us all look like idiots.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Can you expand on this thought? I'm not sure what you mean. Are you thinking that atheists tend to have false senses of entitlement? If so, I'd say this has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of religious people who have entitlement issues.

I'm not saying there aren't other things at play. But more and more I keep hearing "If God is real, whydoesnt he stop all our suffering? Why doesn't he manifest himself to ME?"

If that isn't a false sense of entitlement (entitled to face time with God and no suffering) I don't know what is.
    I guess not that atheists grow the sense of entitlement, but that the sense of entitlement breeds atheism.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Clearly this conversation isn't going anywhere with that attitude or perception of me. I truly was just curious. If you re-read any of my posts I have in no way put down atheists, mocked your beliefs or rationale. Ridiculous.

As for me and my TOUGH questions, I have had many. I was in a close knit Bible study for years where we were free to ask open and honest hard-hitting questions, have meaningful discussions and grow in my beliefs. As much as I'm trying to avoid any stereotypical Christian behavior, you're pretty much word for word in line with typical Atheist rationale that I've experienced... including assumption that Christians are not educated free-thinkers. When you speak in stereotypes and pigeon hole masses you're bound to disconnect. The reason I asked about you personally was so that I could continue to discuss my experience on a personal level. Nothing more or nothing less.

Please do tell. What are a few tough questions have you asked, and what answers did the group come up with? I would really like to know on a personal level.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

You're either agnostic or atheist. You can't be sure something doesn't exist and still say there's a possibility it exists.

Wick I think we have been over this. Are you certain your brakes on your car are going to work? You are applying a different standard for yours beliefs on God that you would apply in every day life.
    People can say I am sure there is no god and be 99.99999999% certain. I think you are confusing the magnitude of uncertainty.
    Last edited by drtom2005; 03-04-2013 at 09:19 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Proof comes from experience. Experience comes from living, questioning, etc. Most "believers" would say they believe because they feel they have experienced God in some shape or form. That is their proof.

So, with that said, if someone hasn't "experienced" God or feel that things just don't add up- that is understandable.

I grew up Christian, I have experienced being in the Church circuit, being way outside and questioning everything, back and forth. Thinking God was with me, thinking he was against me, thinking there is no God... So I understand ALL of that.

BUT... it boils down to... with all of my experiences (so nobody can say I am a sheltered Christian who does not know life outside of believing)... there was always something inside of me that just can't let Go feeling that God has brought me out of rough places, life-ending circumstances, and when logic fell and there was no way out of situations I have been in, I have gotten through when I have not understood why or how.

Some say that would be just chance, just life, just etc.... but to each his own.... I feel that "THAT" is the proof of God existing in my life.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Wow. So you're able to do that but no one else has that ability (since you call out everyone who does). Fact is you presumed something that wasn't actually there, as you often accuse others of.

Or am I wrong and he did actually say all that?

I am able to see the obvious. Since he didn't bother to respond to my actual answer, and only used my response as an excuse to feign indignation at my attitude.

As usual, you need to jump in seeking attention, LOL.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Wick I think we have been over this are you certain your brakes on your car are going to work? You are applying a different standard for yours beliefs on God that you would apply in ever day life.
    People can say I am sure there is no god and be 99.99999999% certain. I think you are confusing the magnitude of uncertainty.

An atheists can have doubts just like the religious do. If, however, those doubts are held long term, how can one be "certain" there is no God?
    Just as a Christian who constantly doubt God's existence is not a real Christian.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I am able to see the obvious. Since he didn't bother to respond to my actual answer, and only used my response as an excuse to feign indignation at my attitude.

As usual, you need to jump in seeking attention, LOL.

No no not at all.

Just giving you the same treatment you've always given me. It's freaking annoying, isn't it?

Basically wait until he actually says it, or you look like you think you're a mind reader.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast