Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post First look: 2012-13 Panini Brilliance basketball cards

http://www.beckett.com/news/2013/03/...ketball-cards/

With two autographs, one memorabilia card and 15 more additional inserts in every 20-pack hobby box Brilliance will include a shining example of a large basketball base set as well.

The base set will include 300 cards and each will be paralleled via a “starburst” as well as Artist Proofs.

For the autograph collectors, there will be a 240-card offering of Marks of Brilliance and 60 more Brilliant Beginnings Rookie Cards.

For game-used fans Panini is promising Game Time Jerseys and a City to City insert as well that will have more than one memorabilia piece inside the cards.

Standard insert sets will include a 20-card set called Team Tomorrow, a 100-card monster called Spellbound, a 20-card Scorers Inc. set, 15 Magic Numbers and a 25-card Hall of Fame-focused offering, too.

Each box will contain 13 inserts as well as two parallels.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See glaspi2's Items on eBay

jeeeeez....how many more bad sets are they gonna put out?!?!?!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

As I stated before, Panini is going into overkill mode, a la early 2000s Fleer (anyone remember Box Score, Marquee, and Maximum, among other long-forgotten sets?). They are basically throwing together a ton of products in the hopes that something will stick instead of being more thoughtful and conservative with their sets.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Don't they have a limit? In baseball Topps can only produce so many sets with an exclusive. Is that not the case for Panini in basketball?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Knicks New York Yankees New York Giants
    See don't have an eBay account...'s Items on eBay

Back during 2009 when they first paid the most monies to der fuhrer, David Stern, to obtain the license to manufacture NBA cards, didn't Panini promise to release either 15 or 20 sets per season? I guess they're really going all-in this season.

I also remember them saying they would try to do away with redemption cards.. It seems you can't bust a box these days without having 1 of your autograph hits be a redemption card. Its equal or possibly worse than how Upper Deck was.

Does it cost less to not use action photos or something?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    NUTS (38)
    Country

look nice, but i'll be passing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Im so sick of seeing that Kyrie pose dont they have anything else for him? The cards are pretty ugly really.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Pittsburgh Steelers Chicago Blackhawks
    See RedZoneCards's Items on eBay Instagram:

i miss the days of topps chrome, finest, and bowman. and as for redemptions, panini sucks! i still haven't gotten my drose gold standard autos from 2010-11