Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Student suspended for stopping another student from shooting classmate

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Kid should be praised for being a hero and not treated like he did something wrong. Another school that is messed up and we wonder why kids are screwed up now.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    What role did he play right before the gun was presented.

Just because he did good doesn't mean he's innocent.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I have to disagree with him getting suspended.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    What role did he play right before the gun was presented.

Just because he did good doesn't mean he's innocent.
    This was my first thought too. Did he know about the gun prior to the incident and just not say anything about it un til it became an issue?

From what I read, policy is to suspend all involved until a hearing on the matter when a gun is involved. There were actually two other students who helped disarm the gun holder who were suspended as well.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

So if he is found innocent of all charges how is he going to get the time back that he missed?

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    So if he is found innocent of all charges how is he going to get the time back that he missed?
    Probably whine, moan and complain until he gets his way. With the general attitude of society there's no way he'll take "missed a couple days of school but saved lives and got hero treatment" as a win.

Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    In the grand scheme of things, missing a few days until the hearing won't kill him. I am a high school teacher and kids miss all the time. No big deal. What he is mostly missing is the accolades from his peers and teachers for being a hero. My guess is he would have gotten little to no actual learning done anyway due to the distraction of being the hero of the day.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

I do kind of see where the school is coming from as even though it had a positive ending his actions still could have made a very serious situation much worse and possibly put more students/faculty in danger

Quote Originally Posted by duwal View Post
    I do kind of see where the school is coming from as even though it had a positive ending his actions still could have made a very serious situation much worse and possibly put more students/faculty in danger

So what should the alternative be? Just sit back and let his classmate, himself and others possibly be killed because he did nothing?

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast