Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Your thoughts

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Your thoughts

Before I do this, I want to preface it by saying this is NOT an actual situation. I am not describing a deal I or anyone else has made, to my knowledge, here or elsewhere. There was a thread on another messageboard (not a "trade gone wrong" thread) and it sort got me thinking, so I'm posing this completely hypothetical situation just to see how people think. If it seems similar to anything that is purely by accident. I only say this so no one thinks I'm starting crap or aiting laundry. I just want to know the general consensus, if there is one. There are no "wrong" answers either. Anyway...

Two people come to a trade. This is purely a hobby trade and BV or SV never come into the discussion, but Trader 1 is taking a lot less BV than Trader 2. To keep it round let's say:
    Trader 1 takes BV50
    Trader 2 takes 100BV
    The deal is finalized after very little negotiating and both sides send out their ends. Trader 1 receives his package (BV50). Trader 2 does not (BV100). Trader 1 is obviously a good trader and keeps communication up throughout. No tracking or insurance on either end.
    Now, my questions:
    1: Who is at fault, Trader 1 (received), Trader 2 (didn't receive) or CP/USPS (courier) and can that person reasonably be held accountable? (If so, why? If not, why not?)
    2: Keeping fully removed from the situation (say I'm Trader 1 and I'm asking others about this) how do you feel it should be handled?
    3: Putting yourself fully into the situation, how would you handle this as Trader 1? As Trader 2?
    4: If BV didn't come into the discussion before, should it now? Trader 2 sent away BV50 expecting BV100. If Trader 1 should send new cards, for example, should there be a BV basis to it? If so, should he be on the hook for 50, 100 or something else?

Now, let's say same situation with even BVs and both ends received, but one is damaged although proper precautions were obviously taken.
    1: Is the sender responsible despite doing everything right or should the recipient suck it up because everything was done right?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See railblaze's Items on eBay

Sender is responsible is there's no tracking. Period, end. If you can not provide proof that the package left your hands and is lost somewhere in the delivery system, then you are accountable as though you never sent it out.

People hold businesses responsible for damaged-in-shipment and missing shipments all the time. The business (shipper) has to make it right (with the other party) and then hold the delivery company responsible to make amends to them (shipper) - that's how it works.

As to Q3 - I would ask the person who didn't receive my shipment to give me reasonable time to track the package down, before returning the traded-for item or sending some other compensation. They may not agree and that is their right, but I would think most reasonable people would give you a week or a few business days to get it figured out.

Q4 - If BV was not a consideration to begin with, I don't think it should come into play at all. If I traded you a $100bv card for a $50bv card, that's probably because I really wanted that card for a pc or set or whatever - what I don't want is some 'other' $50 or $100bv card sent back to me - unless you're sending me back something 'better' (under that " I know it when I see it " concept) and that original card was just trade bait for me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ive been in this situation on both ends on this site ....

1 - Its always the senders fault

2 - Go to the MODs, easiest way to work things out

3 - Trader 1 ( received ) - Keep open communication with other trader
    3 - Trader 2 ( not received ) - Understand it is not someone trying to scam you, give the MODs a heads up and try and wait it out a bit longer, mail could be slow

4 - In the Trade Manager, if BV or SV is quoted, thats what the MODs will use to determine what must be sent in compensation. Even if he traded 50BV for 100BV in return, he will be rewarded 100BV

1a - Again, its the senders responsibility. A trade is not completed until both sides are happy. IMO, the person who received the damaged cards would either have to ask for his cards back, or compensation for the damage
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Thanks guys, these are exactly the thought out answers I was looking for! Anyone else?