Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Phillies aren't going to touch him. They have enough money invested in the likes of Halladay, Lee, and Howard. If Cano doesn't want the deal, let him walk. I could care less anymore. I'm sick of the Yankees getting sucked into huge deals with old dinosaurs.

Foorgat about it!!! See ya. no one else will give him that, Save the $$$ for harper. FA at what? 26 or trout.

Foolish he should have took the money.Love him but not worth that kind of scratch.These long term contracts re going to ruin franchises more and more(Aroid,Joe Flacco<kevin Garnett).
    "Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here". Jack Nicholson
    The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity. ~André Gide
    My Bucket
    Hidden Content

One thing Cano is forgetting, he won't get the endorsements that he would if he stays in NY. You don't want 27 mil a year to play a kids game for seven years, don't let the door hit you in the ....

...Rick
    Last edited by NY Sports Teams; 03-05-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: sp
    Hidden Content
    Bucket PC & Trade Items: Hidden Content
    PC In-Person (IP) Auto Memorabilia Collection: Hidden Content
    PC HOF Game-Used Collection: Hidden Content

Anyone that gives 10 years to a guy that's already turned 30 deserves that contract to blow up in their face. I don't see him getting a better deal in free agency.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

OPG Baseball Manager

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Seriously, they play a game. Personally I think they should be happy with $27 million for 10 years not per year! Let them go out & find a real job & see what kind of money they'd make!
    SuperCollecting 3 generations of Yastrzemski's!
    Hidden Content
    Carl: 556/3390 not including 1/1's (16.4%), Mike: 8/8 (100%), Michael: 10/19 (52.6%)
    Always looking for any memorabilia that I don't have to add to my PC!
    WANTLIST--->Hidden Content

I think that is higher than what he would get as a free agent but I also think he will be able to get more out of the Yankees. I would not be surprised if they tack on another year and/or a few million more and that is probably why he turned down the first offer

Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Teams View Post
    One thing Cano is forgetting, he won't get the endorsements that he would if he stays in NY. You don't want 27 mil a year to play a kids game for seven years, don't let the door hit you in the ....

...Rick
    You sound like one bitter human human being.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

All I can say is GREEDY GREEDY GREEDY....By the time this contract ends, he'll be 38-39 years old and set for life financially. I'll take that deal in a heartbeat. Damn, I wish I can make that kind of money.
    Hidden Content SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS - 2010 and 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS

Quote Originally Posted by lambeausouth View Post
    You sound like one bitter human human being.
    How is he a bitter human being? This is an example of greed at its finest. I would take 30k to play professional baseball, let alone 27 million.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12