Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

The bible time for some spring cleaning

I have been on P&R for over two years. I still remember the first thread that I participated in.

https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...act-or-fiction

Everyone got all hot under the collar over it. So what I want to do not is not debate if the bible is true or not but ask what in the bible is still relevant and which parts of the bible are null and void and need to be thrown out since either no one likes them or they just plain ignore them. As for me personally there are things that I actually prefer in the OT vs the NT. I also have a problem with a lot of the NT where people claim to testify of Jesus but never saw him in the flesh and no one can confirm what he saw. So what to you think?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I think the Bible is fine, just more people need to put more thought into it.
    Take for example the Mosaic Law. For Christians, the Mosaic Law was full filled with Jesus death but does that mean it should be ignored? Not at all.

Does this mean it should still be followed then? Also no.
    It should be known, though, since it is the history behind their religion. The Ten Commandments are the pinnacle of the Mosaic Law and Jesus said by following merely two of them (Love God above all else and love your neighbor as yourself) you follow all of God's laws.

People tend to think in terms of the act being "right" or "wrong" but very few take the intent into consideration. Anything done out of love for your neighbor or love for God is righteous. Giving a certain amount to certain people at a certain time does nothing. Spreading the word to get into heaven is not righteous. Spreading the word out of love for your fellow man and God is.

People don't take intent into consideration because we can't see intent. Because of this, many miss the real point of the whole thing while focussing on which acts will make them righteous. The difference is God can see intent. As such he does know exactly why we do things and that's what it's all about. Look at the Lord's Prayer. Jesus gave a simple example of prayer and now that one-off example is one of the most sacred points of the entire religion. Given the choice though, would you expect God to be more impressed with someone who recites the prayer word for word or someone who puts his own genuine thought and feeling into his "conversation" with God.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I think the Bible is fine, just more people need to put more thought into it.
    Take for example the Mosaic Law. For Christians, the Mosaic Law was full filled with Jesus death but does that mean it should be ignored? Not at all.

Does this mean it should still be followed then? Also no.
    It should be known, though, since it is the history behind their religion. The Ten Commandments are the pinnacle of the Mosaic Law and Jesus said by following merely two of them (Love God above all else and love your neighbor as yourself) you follow all of God's laws.

People tend to think in terms of the act being "right" or "wrong" but very few take the intent into consideration. Anything done out of love for your neighbor or love for God is righteous. Giving a certain amount to certain people at a certain time does nothing. Spreading the word to get into heaven is not righteous. Spreading the word out of love for your fellow man and God is.

People don't take intent into consideration because we can't see intent. Because of this, many miss the real point of the whole thing while focussing on which acts will make them righteous. The difference is God can see intent. As such he does know exactly why we do things and that's what it's all about. Look at the Lord's Prayer. Jesus gave a simple example of prayer and now that one-off example is one of the most sacred points of the entire religion. Given the choice though, would you expect God to be more impressed with someone who recites the prayer word for word or someone who puts his own genuine thought and feeling into his "conversation" with God.

I don't have a problem with anything you said but I do have a problem saying with Jesus Mosiac law is fulfilled and we are no longer bound by it in one breath but then turn around and quote ever anti-homosexual verse in the OT. If you prefer the OT/NT that's fine but you have to take all of it just not the parts that you like. Also in Matthew 5:17 Jesus says "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill." So that being said how could you ever disregard anything in the OT if Jesus himself said he is not out to destroy OT law?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I don't have a problem with anything you said but I do have a problem saying with Jesus Mosiac law is fulfilled and we are no longer bound by it in one breath but then turn around and quote ever anti-homosexual verse in the OT. If you prefer the OT/NT that's fine but you have to take all of it just not the parts that you like. Also in Matthew 5:17 Jesus says "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill." So that being said how could you ever disregard anything in the OT if Jesus himself said he is not out to destroy OT law?

I see no problem with those verses, I don't like how they're used though.
    It lends into what I was saying. Yes Jesus fullfilled the Mosaic Law, but that doesn't mean he had to reintroduce us to God. What we know about God from the OT is still true and it's fair to say he's not a fan of homosexuality. That didn't changed with the fullfilling of the Mosaic Law, it just made following that law to the letter pointless. Jesus did not destroy the law, he fullfilled it. There is a difference, though the ultimate end is the same.
    Jesus gave us two commandments to follow. Love God above all else and love your neighbor as yourself. That's it. Through following those two rules, you follow any rule God would ever come up with, because that's all he wants. If you're a homosexual who acts through love, you are more righteous than the heterosexual who tries to deny homosexuals rights. That doesn't mean the homosexuality is "okay" but God hates homosexuality, not homosexuals. I'm sure Jesus hates prostitution, but does he hate prostitutes? I think it's fair to say from looking at his actions while on earth that he does not hate prostitutes. Acts do not decide righteousness, intents do.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I don't know enough about the bible to offer exact items that should change with the times. I will say that people can believe or follow whatever they choose or however they translate the info from any religious text, but I just wish more were open minded to the other views and stop feeling like they need to legislate certain topics because of how they personally feel about it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Mosaic law were for the chosen people who existed in those times. even Jesus says Moses (not God) made the laws based on how the people were then.

as as stated above, Jesus fulfilled them, so they are no longer in effect. He didn't destroy them because He fulfilled them.

pretty cut and dry if you ask me