Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What a joke..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

What a joke..

They would have kicked any couple out of the mall because that is disgusting...just because you are gay does not give you the right to kiss 25 times...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/05...est=latestnews

A gay couple says they were asked to leave a Sacramento mall for holding hands and kissing over the weekend.

21-year-old Daniel Chesmore and 24-year-old Jose Guzman tell Fox40 they were approached by a security guard while holding hands and kissing a few times at a mall in Roseville. They began recording the encounter once the guard approached them.

“If you continue to kiss, you will be asked to leave the mall. Period.” the voice on the recording says. “I counted you guys kissing 25 times. I told you before, we contact any couple...about this."

The mall tells Fox40 that anyone who violates the mall's code of conduct will be asked to leave, but the station says it found nothing in the code of conduct that prohibits public displays of affection.

“I feel like we’re always treated differently because we’re gay. It makes me sad.” Guzman tells Fox40.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Are we talking lip pecks or full on tongue here.
    Pecking 25 times while spending time walking through a mall isn't disgusting.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ha let me give them a quick call...I'm guessing lip pecks..

Even if you don't think it's disgusting, a straight, interracial, blue, orange, or whatever couple would have gotten the same treatment.

Are we talking lip pecks or full on tongue here.
    Pecking 25 times while spending time walking through a mall isn't disgusting.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Ha let me give them a quick call...I'm guessing lip pecks..

Even if you don't think it's disgusting, a straight, interracial, blue, orange, or whatever couple would have gotten the same treatment.

I'm sure they would have, especially in the US. You guys are kind of prudish down there. My issue is with people thinking lip pecks are gross. If they were making out then yeah, no one needs to see that, but if you can't take a couple giving too many lip pecks something is wrong with you.

THat's just me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm sure they would have, especially in the US. You guys are kind of prudish down there. My issue is with people thinking lip pecks are gross. If they were making out then yeah, no one needs to see that, but if you can't take a couple giving too many lip pecks something is wrong with you.

THat's just me.

I see what you are saying...We haven't heard what style of kissing they were performing

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

If anyone is to that that offense then i would have to say that person is homophobic
    Just saying...

It mores sounds like the Security guard was doing this on his own personal views.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I would guess that it was excessive and probably to get attention. I find it hard to believe that this is the first gay couple to walk through the mall holding hands and to exchange a smooch. To garner attention from security it would have had to be more than casual activity.

And if you watch this video, what you see them doing (which I assume is supposed to be an example of how they were acting in the mall) is not anything like what I see hetero couples acting like. I have yet to see a hetero couple kissing on the neck, stroking each other, etc. as they walk through the mall. http://fox40.com/2013/03/04/gay-coup...hands-kissing/
    Last edited by duane1969; 03-05-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I would guess that it was excessive and probably to get attention. I find it hard to believe that this is the first gay couple to walk through the mall holding hands and to exchange a smooch. To garner attention from security it would have had to be more than casual activity.

I once garnered attention from mall security for wearing a blue shirt. No joke.
    It doesn't take much of anything sometimes.

And if you watch this video, what you see them doing (which I assume is supposed to be an example of how they were acting in the mall) is not anything like what I see hetero couples acting like. I have yet to see a hetero couple kissing on the neck, stroking each other, etc. as they walk through the mall. http://fox40.com/2013/03/04/gay-coup...hands-kissing/

Did you watch the video? What you described is flat out not there. I urge everyone who reads your post to watch the video and see the two men kissing each other on the cheek and stroking each other's fingers while holding hands. If you've never seen a straight couple do that in public, you've never left the house.
    Add to it the hours they spent trying to get a straight couple harrassed for the same thing and failed AND the fact that mall security had zero answers (doesn't even know the mall's own code of conduct) and I'm suddenly thinking this is a severe case of homophobia.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

so what are we talking about? pecks or a hot and heavy makeout? I feel that the article should find out? Kissing is a pretty broadly used term. They were walking when the guard stopped them so I lean to the side that these were peck type kisses done while walking but could be wrong.

I fail to see how this is disgusting if they are peck kisses. I can see any couple being asked to leave if they are sitting on a bench making out, but if a couple is simply walking around and kissing from time to time I find no issue with that. I'm not a big PDA and while my line of excess is probably lower than some I don't think people should be kicked out for kissing as long as it's not borderline makeouts. It may be annoying to people but not warranted of getting the boot.

It's hard to know for sure since the article doesn't give us a lot of much needed information, but sounds like the guard may have overstepped his bounds. I also find it a bit extreme that he had an exact count of kisses the couple shared.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Watch the video Duane posted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast