Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thegreateight8's Items on eBay

08-09 cup limited logo marian hossa?

I thought i remember being told that this card didnt exist as well as karl alzner. I have been chasing this set since they came out. I have never seen a hossa and i check ebay every single day since this stuff was released. Well a hossa just popped up on ebay? Would upper deck distribute this card now as a replacement for damaged or odd replacement for redemptions? Or have i just randomly never seen one and they were always in the product?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See railblaze's Items on eBay

08-09 is a little far out for what they CLAIM they keep in stock to give out as replacements. I would find it unlikely that they would be giving them out now.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

08-09 is a little far out for what they CLAIM they keep in stock to give out as replacements. I would find it unlikely that they would be giving them out now.

Not at all, they still have stuff dating back to the 90's and early 2000's they use from time to time for replacements.

Darren

SCF Rewards
    Country

The answer for the original OP: I just phoned the LCS selling the Hossa since I know them well and I'm told it was a replacement card from UD, so it didn't come out of a pack.

He went on to say that sometimes due to delay, UD doesn't think the player is ever going to send the cards back signed so they don't bother to insert a redemption into the wax...then when the cards do eventually come back, they're used as replacements to make other UD customers happy when their original redemption cards aren't available. He can't say that's what happened with this particular Hossa card, but he's known it to happen with other cards.

Either way, you have your answer: this isn't a pack-pulled card.

So now I don't envy you: your choice is to pay what could be top dollar to try and complete the set with the one and only card that's out (judging by your comments about your prior searches)...or hold your breath and wait to see if the other 49 eventually make their way into the collecting world. I suppose another choice, if you're close to your LCS, would be to have them contact their UD rep to see if there are more Hossa's available and if they'd send one to your LCS as a replacement card...should you or other customers at your LCS be owed redemptions that aren't being made...

Either way, good luck completing your set and I trust this has helped you out!

SCF Rewards
    Country

thank you very much for doing the research. I think i am going to hold my breath and let this one pass. It doesnt have a nice patch and i fear its gonna fetch a pretty high price. Hopefully some more will pop up and i will keep the redemption replacement in mind. thanks again

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Finalfantastic's Items on eBay

I'm thinking this is the answer to whether or not the alzner was made?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-09-THE-CU...item589c8e0d3e

He also has the Hossa artist proof too so I would assume they were both made but not put into the product. But yeah I would for sure assume that both cards(the whole 50 of them) will someday make their way into the hobby one way or another, Brad.

SCF Rewards
    Country

thats not really the case though. There are about 10-15 other artist proof cards in that set that were not made.

I'm thinking this is the answer to whether or not the alzner was made?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-09-THE-CUP-ARTIST-PROOF-Limited-Logos-UNCUT-PANEL-Rick-Nash-Karl-Alzner-/380583677246?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item5 89c8e0d3e

He also has the Hossa artist proof too so I would assume they were both made but not put into the product. But yeah I would for sure assume that both cards(the whole 50 of them) will someday make their way into the hobby one way or another, Brad.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Finalfantastic's Items on eBay

Gotcha! Is it possible more would be like the Hossa. Returned too late but maybe used as exchange cards? I know nothing about this set at all so I wouldn't know?