Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

That is an easy statement to make when you are an adult that has experienced life some. When you are an impressionable 17 or 18 year old it is much harder to not buy into the system. A key component of indoctrination is youthful ignorance. Find a cult that is full of people and it is almost a guarantee that it will be a bunch of younger people led by an older person.

Being an adult returning to college I saw a lot of the indoctrination going on and ended up at odds with a few professors because I wasn't one of the mindless sheep buying into their lies and propaganda. One professor apologized and admitted that they had been unfair in her statement that I had challenged. Another went on the offensive and tried to force me out of the class, even to the point of sending me emails telling me to drop the class because I had no chance to pass it. Unfortunately most kids in college lack the intestinal fortitude to stand up to professors and end up either buying into the rubbish or being ostracized for their refusal to buy into it.

That is where you as a parent have to instill in your kids that the classroom is only a small part of the education process. If you (not you per se) only see the school system as a babysitter for your kids for 12-16 years and you do not provide the first line of education to them we will continue to be a dumbed down society and the gap between the haves and have nots will only widen.
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 03-05-2013 at 02:19 PM. Reason: clarity
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

duplicate posting
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 03-05-2013 at 02:19 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That is where you as a parent have to instill in your kids that the classroom is only a small part of the education process. If you (not you per se) see the school system as a babysitter for your kids and you do not provide the first line of education to them we will continue to be a dumbed down society and the gap between the halves and have nots will only widen.

The problem is kids go away to college and receive no parental influence for months. It is easy to be that guiding light when you see them every day, but when you take the parents out of the mix for 3 or 4 months the kids (who already has feelings of knowing more, being smarter, etc.) is easily influenced to believe new ideas.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

it sounds good to say that classrooms aren't the be all end all of knowledge but try to remember what it feels like to be 18 years old. One of the main desires at that age is to be respected and thought worthy. If you are told daily that people who think a certain way are idiots, or that educated people think a certain way, a large portion of college students will start to mold their thinking. They desire to be viewed as intelligent and respected and many colleges and professors will gladly offer them that if they will change the way they think. College professors often set themselves up as nothing more than socially acceptable cult leaders. They make it a point to see how many students they can get to come around to their way of thinking.

for the record, the class my sister is taking where most of these quotes are coming from is multicultural education. A required course for her degree. So, according to the book, all religious people are homophobic, all white people are racist, and if you are white you have benefited from racism.

SCF Rewards
    Country

it sounds good to say that classrooms aren't the be all end all of knowledge but try to remember what it feels like to be 18 years old. One of the main desires at that age is to be respected and thought worthy. If you are told daily that people who think a certain way are idiots, or that educated people think a certain way, a large portion of college students will start to mold their thinking. They desire to be viewed as intelligent and respected and many colleges and professors will gladly offer them that if they will change the way they think. College professors often set themselves up as nothing more than socially acceptable cult leaders. They make it a point to see how many students they can get to come around to their way of thinking.

for the record, the class my sister is taking where most of these quotes are coming from is multicultural education. A required course for her degree. So, according to the book, all religious people are homophobic, all white people are racist, and if you are white you have benefited from racism.

I get what you guys are getting at but it works the exact opposite way at conservative colleges such as liberty university.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

I get what you guys are getting at but it works the exact opposite way at conservative colleges such as liberty university.

i do not doubt it occurs but I would be curious to see what passes for conservative indoctrination. Also, it is one thing if we are talking about a liberal college or a conservative college. You know what to expect going in. My issue is that liberal indoctrination is going on a regular colleges. In fact, the school my sister is attending is considered a conservative college.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i do not doubt it occurs but I would be curious to see what passes for conservative indoctrination. Also, it is one thing if we are talking about a liberal college or a conservative college. You know what to expect going in. My issue is that liberal indoctrination is going on a regular colleges. In fact, the school my sister is attending is considered a conservative college.

I went to a public college in maryland as well as a private but open to the public college in dc. I didn't notice any liberal or conservative indoctrination for that matter unless you consider being able to go to school with people of different, races, religions, nationalities and view points and for the most part all getting along a liberal indoctrination.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Why do colleges need to be "conservative" "liberal" "regular" or "other"?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

My guess is you could count on a finger how many people walk through the doors of Liberty University with no idea that they are walking into a classroom led by conservative Christians. Kind of different compared to state run colleges and universities where there is no preconceived notion of a political or social position.

Why do colleges need to be "conservative" "liberal" "regular" or "other"?

They don't need to be, but they clearly are.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Why?
    And if there are "liberal" and "conservative" colleges, what is the issue?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast