Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New from Belgium/China

SCF Rewards
    Country

New from Belgium/China

Hi all, I am new to this forum. I am originally Belgian and at the moment I am living in China for work purposes.
    I started collecting basketball cards in 1995 when a local newsagent’s shop started selling Fleer (Fleer European I found out later). Soon after that I found a shop in the city where they sold a lot more. That shop closed down a few years later, and as far as I know no other shop in Belgium has sold cards since.
    By then I had found my way on Ebay, but when I got busy with studies and - later - work I didn’t spend too much time on the hobby. That was only briefly interrupted when the NBA welcomed the first ever player from Belgium: DJ Mbenga. An awful player ;-) but his nationality was a good reason for me to start collecting him. After 2005 no more cards of him came out and all my cards (and my hobby) didn’t see daylight for 7 years.

Until about 2 months ago, when I was briefly in Beijing and walked into a 7-Eleven for a drink. To my surprise I saw that they sold 2012-13 Hoops packs. I bought one, some 15 years after I had opened my last pack. The cards were rubbish, but it was the spark that started everything again.
    Two days later I had found myself a card shop in Beijing and I was going home with a box of 2011-12 Past&Present and a box of 2012-13 Prestige. I was a bit surprised that an Italian company that I knew of soccer stickers now also seemed to produce basketball cards.

I am still trying to make my mind up as to which player(s) I want to collect. I have small collections of Allen Iverson (100 cards), Ben Wallace (200 cards) and Elton Brand (400 cards), but they don’t appeal to me anymore. In the meantime I have bought a few of the cheaper boxes to get back into the whole thing and maybe to use the cards for trading one day.
    I would understand it if people are not keen on trading with someone in China, due to distance and shipping costs. When the time comes, I hope I can gain trust by sending first or by doing/offering things that make you more comfortable.

Finally, I don’t know if you are aware, but NBA is huge in China and there are quite some basketball card collector’s out there. There are even a few card shops in Beijing, and the market on the Chinese Ebay copy is flourishing. Have a look there if you have never checked it out! You might find the card you have been looking for there.

Thanks for the read!
    Last edited by hudley19; 01-16-2013 at 10:34 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Colorado Avalanche Detroit Lions Toronto Raptors
    See hudley19's Items on eBay

Welcome to SCF ... No matter the country you will find many here from all parts of the world that enjoy every sport and love the thrill of the chase in finding cards they are after. Enjoy the site and have fun
    Zack

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome to the site and BOL with your collecting.

...Rick

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

Welcome to the site! Awesome story, great to hear you found the spark again. There are members from all over the world on here so i'm sure trading will come quite easy. Good luck picking your Personal collection players and getting back in the full swing of things.

Enjoy the site!
    Jon

SCF Rewards
    Country

welcome to the site.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Detroit Lions
    See Michiganmax41's Items on eBay
    Member is PayPal Verified

Welcome to the site VERY easy to navigate in here...Make an effort on the blog because it really works well.
    Panini bought out the Pacific/ Donruss brand and set up operations in Texas. Here's a link that shows the schedule of new releases for North America........http://www.paniniamerica.net/pis/

Max
    Need , newer Detroit players ( Herndon Hooker, Amon-ra St. Brown, Larkin, Husso, Bergren, Simon Edvinsson # 563 sps, Soderblom, Sam Laporta, Akil Badoo, Javier Baez,Cunningham) Hidden Content
    FB list: Hidden Content

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    See ajk0565's Items on eBay

welcome to scf

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lugnut12mcisaac's Items on eBay

Welcome to SCF!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Welcome to SCF Jasper

Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy
    Atlanta Braves Tennessee Volunteers Tennessee Titans

Welcome to SCF! I don't think you will have a hard time trading here. I don't mind shipping all over the world, and I know a lot of other traders don't either.

Let me know if I can help ya out with anything.

Happy Trading!

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast