Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'm just thinking out loud here after reading Alex's last post and wickabee's "training camp" comment. If an infant dies from Sids after being baptised as an example. Does that soul enter the afterlife with the same level of knowledge and conciousness that a 90 year old man would have learned over his life time? For that matter, does every soul suddenly become equally enlightened? Does everyone enter the afterlife with an awareness equal to a Pope for example?

Depends if baptising actually has meaning or not.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Depends if baptising actually has meaning or not.

Why? I think the baptismal is irrelevant to the question I am asking.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Why? I think the baptismal is irrelevant to the question I am asking.

Actually, I just reread and you're right. I got stuck on a red herring!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Does that soul enter the afterlife with the same level of knowledge and conciousness that a 90 year old man would have learned over his life time?

first off, do all 90 year olds know the same thing?
    second, you are trying to equate the spirit with human trappings (such as knowledge) unlike in movies, your spirit may not look like you nor have any knowledge that us humans have. think about language, do all spirits speak every language?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

first off, do all 90 year olds know the same thing?
    second, you are trying to equate the spirit with human trappings (such as knowledge) unlike in movies, your spirit may not look like you nor have any knowledge that us humans have. think about language, do all spirits speak every language?

I'm not trying to equate anything. Religious people are the ones that believe in an afterlife. I am curious as to what they have been told about that afterlife. Has no one asked? Has God not intimated anything about it? Does your spirit go into the afterlife equal to the spirits of everyone else? Is life just about weeding out the "bad" spirits, with all the "trappings" of mortal life being irrelevant?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'm not trying to equate anything. Religious people are the ones that believe in an afterlife. I am curious as to what they have been told about that afterlife. Has no one asked? Has God not intimated anything about it? Does your spirit go into the afterlife equal to the spirits of everyone else? Is life just about weeding out the "bad" spirits, with all the "trappings" of mortal life being irrelevant?

Actually he did give us an idea what happens. Then some guy came up with Hell and the whole thing went to...well...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See vivchuleta's Items on eBay

For a man not to know his purpose in life is sad, is like someone that does not know where he is going. Lost, blind.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

For a man not to know his purpose in life is sad, is like someone that does not know where he is going. Lost, blind.

You got that right!!!

That said, I have a job, I have my health (give or take) I have Amy & her 2 kids who were in a much worse place before I came along. I have a hundred tiny little purposes every little day, maybe that's been it all along, maybe it's simply narcissism to think I was meant for bigger things eh?

Still bored tho. And no money for hockey cards mumble grumble...............

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You got that right!!!

That said, I have a job, I have my health (give or take) I have Amy & her 2 kids who were in a much worse place before I came along. I have a hundred tiny little purposes every little day, maybe that's been it all along, maybe it's simply narcissism to think I was meant for bigger things eh?

Still bored tho. And no money for hockey cards mumble grumble...............

I think you may be on to something. Not narcissism as such, but wanting more and not realizing the joy is in the little things. "Can't see the forest for the trees" is a pretty common expression, but many others can't see the trees for the forest. Sometimes you get too caught up in the big picture to realize the importance of the little details. Maybe that's something every one of us can learn from.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

I have always thought my purpose in life was to procreate, and my purpose in society was to make sure I raised my offspring to be productive members of society. I don't believe there is any greater purpose in life than being a parent.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast