Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I gots them Upper Deck redemption blues..............

The pre-rant note:

Back in 06/07 I started in on the Parkhurst 150 card autograph set. A few years later I was down to seven, but those included Beliveau, Roy & Lemieux and $2000 for 3 autographs is welllllllll insane-o. So I quit and sold em all off and probably made a profit so yayyy me.

The rant:

When I joined SCF last year one of the first deals I made was for a little stack of Canucks inserts + a Parkhurst Champions Stan Smyl auto redemption card. Loooooove the Steamer. I got my package in the mail, scratched off my card and plugged in the code. The reply was "Athlete has signed, please wait 4-20 weeks etc" yayyyyy me again.

Eight months later I'm cleaning out my desk at work, and I see my redemption card, never did get the actual auto tho. Go to the website, no info there at all. Ok, make the phone call. Turns out Stan never signed the cards and they'll send me something else. Ok fine. Who are my five favorite teams they ask........Canucks, Habs, Penguins, Flyers and Hawks I say, if it's the first two then hopefully I get a keeper, if it's the other 3 then there's plenty of guys here at SCF who'd trade for it eh?

Today, the envelope came. TWO cards to replace my one. Rangers and Bruins. 06/07 Parkhurst.

Sooooooooo yes, two cards trumps one. John Davidson & Pete Peeters trump Stan Smyl. Who the heck gives a 2nd thought about Stan Smyl nowadays? Stan who? Be happy with a couple autos from a couple icon-ish players, right?

Welllll the bleep with that. I redeemed a Stan Smyl auto that I bought especially so I could redeem it because I wanted it for my PC. He was the Canuck's captain from when I was old enough to actually appreciate the game, he gave 150% every shift for a bunch of teams that were........lousy at best. He was Trevor Linden before Linden.

He didn't sign the cards and that's life. But UD kinda never bothered to let me know that until I happened upon my scratched redemption and then they ignored my team requests and on top of that I redeemed a 2011/12 product and got 2006/07?? What happened to expiries on redemptions???

It's a minor rant. But whatever. I'm sour.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I love Stan Smyl :)

Last edited by 87sluggo; 03-11-2013 at 10:46 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

That is pretty bad to ask for teams and then ignore you, on top of ignoring your redemption in the first place! I'm wondering now if I'll ever see my Landeskog redeemed...

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

One of my biggest disappointments in this hobby is the lack of Smyl anything-but-base-cards. I have two IP autographs I bought cheap on eBay. They look right, though I do want to get them authenticated. I don't think he likes signing for card companies at all.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Didn't Peeters play for Philly for a quite a while? My memory sucks and yes it'd be a stretch but... yeah still sucks.