Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joncamburn View Post
    If they aren't good enought to make a team thats one thing, but to totally dismiss them I think is wrong. You also stated that they shouldn't be coaches, what does having to be big fast and strong have to do with that? Do you not think they can be as smart and know the X's and O's as well as a man can?
    They weren't only commenting about women participating on the field. They are clearly discriminating.
    Hidden Content

Rohan Davey PC 219/264 (non 1/1)
    Amir Sadollah 62/69 (4/24 1/1's)

Geez this thread has so much fail it isn't even funny.I think it is right up there with the Little Rascals He Man Women haters club.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

This is just a pathetic argument overall. If a girl has the same or more talent as a man, why couldn't they participate? Yuur argument about reporters even, that's even worse. There are some great female sports reporters out there, Erin Andrews, Hannah Storm, etc. Why would they have to stay out of sports?
    Collecting Hunter Pence, JR Towles, Houston Astros, Philadelphia 76ers, Washington Capitals, Penn State Nittany Lions (FB), Villanova Wildcats (BB), Joey Logano, And the 2012 Topps Magic Rookie Enchantment Football insert set. Also whatever catches my eye. Hidden Content (In progress)

The OP is doing this as a joke, right? It has to be a goof. No one can be that utterly narrow-minded in real life.
    Collecting 1974 Topps (84% complete) and 1957-2013 Topps Phillies cards (50.2% complete).
    PC's: Chase Utley, Mark Trumbo, & David Price.
    My Bucket: Hidden Content
    My Haves/Wants Lists (still a work in progress): Hidden Content
    As of 3/16/13, no PWE's please. I use DC; so should you.

Female here, and I can actually see the OP's point, at least to an extent, particularly on the playing field. Yes, the very top women could probably compete with some men in a few pro sports - Brittney Griner comes to mind in basketball - but is that the best sort of situation for them? Why have Griner on the bench for an NBA team when she could rip up the WNBA and perhaps become the Wilt Chamberlain of the league?

I say this as a 5'2" female who sometimes plays against guys locally at the Y without embarrassing myself - provided there is someone on the opposing team whose height is similar to mine. :) But it's preferable to play on a more level playing field. As opposed to race, there are clearly differences between men and women as far as average height and body composition. It's simply very difficult for men and women to play together at the highest levels due to those physical differences.
    Collecting Acie Law, Adam Morrison, Anthony Tolliver, Antoine Walker, and OKC Thunder (name/uni on card). Have lists: Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; and Hidden Content .
    BUCKET: Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (88)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    not narrow-minded,my point is what this young girl said,as far as a woman competing in mens baseball-football-golf on the playing field or managing sorry to much at stake for the these mens sports,they compete in all sports and fight for our country and they deserve equal pay for doing the same job,so my point is let these sports alone do not change anything.

rob
    I DONT DO PAYPAL
    I TRADE EVEN BOOK VALUE

RED SOX-PATRIOTS-GOLF
    Hidden Content

have you seen college rugby? some of those women are very well built to take hits, so I would be hesitant to say that all women can't take a hit. And with golf, there is no doubt in my mind Annika could have won a major in the men's PGA, maybe not as many as she did on the LPGA, but you don't need to bomb the golfball to win a British Open, which is why Greg Norman and Tom Watson have come close in recent years. Tennis as well, I would bet that Sharapova can take down many of the men, maybe not the top 5-10, but still, she would at the very least make an impact. Sure it's rare for a female to have the physicality that is demanded in male dominated sports, but to say that all of them have no place in sports is a little strange. But to each their own
    Please check my inventory before my photobucket!!! It's more up to date!!!
    Looking for LPGA GOLFERS ​and BUFFALO SABRES
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Top Want: 2012 Leaf Metal Anna Nordqvist Award Winners Prism Gold 1/1

This post is sad, if a women earns her place in a dugout or sideline she has every right to be there.
    Hidden Content

LF all matt harvey RCs and Colors

Looking for High end bowman chrome autos of mets stars or top prospects

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (88)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    no freaken way leave the mens sport alone period
    I DONT DO PAYPAL
    I TRADE EVEN BOOK VALUE

RED SOX-PATRIOTS-GOLF
    Hidden Content

Jesus, it's 2013. You'd think the idea of equality would've reached everyone by now...If you can perform as an athlete or reporter or whatever you'd like then you should be allowed to. I don't care if you're a man, woman, both, neither, gay, straight, black, white, purple, alien, or anything else. Ability is ability regardless of any other factor. Just my thought.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast