Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

My Version of Motown Madness! An Awesome Wings Goalie Gamer!

So, at this point, you are all definitely aware of my goal to collect one piece of game-used memorabilia of every player to ever play in the NHL. The hope is to one day open up a museum. Since this idea was presented, many interesting pieces were shown to me and several amazing pieces were picked up over the last year. My previous jersey was a Passmore rookie and first-win jersey that was so well-received, even Passmore himself contacted me about it because he wanted it for his collection. Unfortunately, nothing could be worked out, but at least a good story came of it.
    Now, here is the next piece in my collection, also the oldest one I currently have in my game-used collection.

This is a 1991-92 Detroit Red Wings road jersey worn by Greg Millen.

Some background of this jersey and why this fits into my collection:

Greg Millen was traded by the Blackhawks to the Rangers, and then before playing with the NYR, the Rangers traded him to the Red Wings for future considerations. He then played the final ten games of his NHL career with the Red Wings. He wore this jersey for 4 of the 10 games with the team, and he also wore this jersey in his final NHL game against the San Jose Sharks on March 17, 1992 in a 5-4 win. Based on my collecting style, you know why I chose this particular piece to invest in for my collection.

And I hate saying this time and again, but there is always a new person asking me to prove that the memorabilia is real. I do have paperwork and have nothing to prove.
    Now that you are sick and tired of reading, I will let the pictures talk for a while:

Front

Front crest/puck marks

Front left bottom

Front right bottom

Rear

Rear nameplate and number

Rear of left sleeve

Rear bottom left

So there you go, another nice piece off of the list and one step closer to my future goal!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Awesome gamer, love the wear on it

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See iposportsmarketing's Items on eBay

really nice shirt! always love the 75th patched shirts!

And I hate saying this time and again, but there is always a new person asking me to prove that the memorabilia is real. I do have paperwork and have nothing to prove.

what does the hem-stamp look like?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

really nice shirt! always love the 75th patched shirts!

what does the hem-stamp look like?

Thanks for the comments guys.

I've done my research and the 1991-92 year did not yet have the hem-stamps on them. Classic auctions, gamewornauctions, and Meigray all have had 1991-92 Wings jerseys come through, and all are excellent at showing important stuff about their memorabilia, yet they have never shown a hem-stamp of the 75th anniversary ones. The stamping started in either 1992-93 or 1993-94. The 1991-92 year's distinguishing points for authenticity, other than a COA, is the Eastside Sports tag and the Maska tag underneath.

Those center-ice replicas are usually made of more important players than Millen and fakes are usually of better players as well, definitely not Millen in his final season. I'd probably be the only person who wanted it in the world.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (27)
    Country
    See cujofan2000's Items on eBay

Not questioning the legitimacy of any of your pieces but it should be noted that you have to be REALLY careful with game used memorabilia, especially anything older. I have seen fakes with hem stamps, I have seen fakes of any and all players too. The best thing, which is not always that easy to find (especially with older jerseys) is a photomatch.

Your collecting idea is cool, it got me thinking if any of the game used pieces I have are of any significance. The only two 'significant" pieces I have are in my Joseph collection, I have his last NHL playoff win jersey (Flames Jersey) and I have his 450th win jersey (Leafs jersey). It is cool that Passmore contacted you about his jersey that you have, maybe you can work something out with him in the future or maybe down the road you can find a different "significant" Passmore piece making the one you have easier to part with.

also nice website for your collection so far :)

Cheers
    Connie

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See iposportsmarketing's Items on eBay

You're probably right. I'd have to check my 75th TBTC to see, but it's packed up.