Father-Son Team Hits Holy Grail from One Pack of 2012 National Treasures Baseball

One pack. Eight cards. Sometimes that's all it takes. So when North Carolina collector Peter DeLorme and his 12-year-old son, Spencer, got their pack of 2012 National Treasures Baseball in the mail from Atlanta Sports Cards on Monday, they knew they had eight opportunities to make collecting history. And on the eighth and final card in that pack, they did.

With Dad opening the pack and Spencer filming the break for posterity's sake, all Peter knew for sure when he initially set eyes on that final card was that it was a 1/1 booklet of the legendary Honus Wagner. That would've been more than enough to qualify as the DeLormes' greatest pull ever. But you can't judge a booklet by its cover, so Peter opened it up to discover something much, much greater

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2...ll/#more-44465
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!
    Want to see my tradelist type in doniceage under the Hidden Content .

Man a bunch of the big hits have already been pulled. Chris from Hobby Box hit the Ty Cobb 1/1, a guy on youtube pulled a Paige #'d/6, and now this one.
    ~Matt
    Avatar- Kieran Richardson/ CRISTIANO RONALDO 2004 Upper Deck SP Authentic Signs of the Times Dual Auto #'d/199
    COLLECTING: Red Sox, Orioles, Eagles, and Frank THE BIG HURT Thomas

Just once I'd like to hear one of these stories end with "I'm keeping it."

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I wish i could pull a good card. Never had any luck busting packs. The best thing Ive hit is a 2010 Bowman Platinum Blue Refractor Trout. Would love to see them keep it.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

This definitely a pull of lifetime. Mine best was Bryce Harper Bowman Aflac Auto and I thought that was big.
    Like it or Not, I trade by BV or SV. I go by the cards highest PEAK.
    Hidden Content
    . PURPLE & GOLD
    Collects Lakers Guard KOBE BRYANT and Angels Outfielder MIKE TROUT
    My Bucket:
    Hidden Content

I love how he says they are going to sell to help offset the cost of some medical bills. Am I the only one that thinks that if you have that a ton of medical bills maybe you shouldn't be buying $450 boxes of cards.....

Quote Originally Posted by Joncamburn View Post
    I love how he says they are going to sell to help offset the cost of some medical bills. Am I the only one that thinks that if you have that a ton of medical bills maybe you shouldn't be buying $450 boxes of cards.....
    You're not the only one that thought that.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by lambeausouth View Post
    You're not the only one that thought that.
    ok, good, lol