Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

"Come on Down" to See a Special Card! Also, another Supreme Gorges!

Who didn't want to get one of these things when they were a kid?

Last night the live show of The Price is Right came through Kelowna. I've not really watched the show much in recent years but who didn't grow up with Bob Barker introducing Plinko or showing us his skills at Hole in One (Or Two!), or listen to the iconic voice of Rod Roddy imploring us to "Come on Down!" Sadly I didn't get called up to the stage but I had a great time in the crowd--not as much as others, wow man people were getting hammered for this show--but it was so cool to see Plinko and Cliffhanger and the big wheel in person.

They do the show quite a bit differently than the TV version--smaller-scale prizes, different groups of 4 in contestants' row every round, and only one person in the showcase. The showcase itself was actually played out like 10 Chances - the poor young lady got totally stumped on the TV price, and didn't get even one chance to guess the price of the trip to Hollywood & Smart Car.

Great time!

And then today, this showed up!

A huge thank you to habsmtl09 for sending this to me out of the blue. Pat, you're one of the best!

That's all for today - this is RGM81 reminding you, help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

YouTube Video Editor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GHCHambone's Items on eBay

Sick tag! A true 1/1!

I always wanted to go to the Price is Right as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See montagna2006's Items on eBay

I remember watching Bob Barker ("spay & neuter your pets!") on the tv version. Funny that people were getting wasted in the audience.

Very awesome Supreme Patches card! Not much I really liked in the most recent SPGU, but those cards are an exception.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See habs1909_2009's Items on eBay

I'm happy you like the card Richard! these have to be one of the nicest patch set in a while!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

Nice Gorges, Was Drew Carey the host or did they have someone else?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice!!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Nice Gorges, Was Drew Carey the host or did they have someone else?

Todd Newton hosts the live tour version of the show. He does a bunch of other shows and won an Emmy for the Best Game Show Host last year. Nice guy, he even thanked me on Twitter for letting him know what a great time it was.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

That is very cool, man, very cool.

Can't forget about the Gorges patch either. I've seen some really cool stuff pop out of SPGU this year. Is it less trashy than previous years? I also saw the price on a box, and I was shocked it was so modest. Is that a part of the new SPGU this year also? Better hits, cheaper price... or am I just going by the better boxes? I can't tell.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

That is very cool, man, very cool.

Can't forget about the Gorges patch either. I've seen some really cool stuff pop out of SPGU this year. Is it less trashy than previous years? I also saw the price on a box, and I was shocked it was so modest. Is that a part of the new SPGU this year also? Better hits, cheaper price... or am I just going by the better boxes? I can't tell.

It is nicer stuff this year. They cut it down from 6 to 5 packs and there is a lot of non numbered stuff (this is what they did to save the cash) but I think some of the big hits are amazing.

Congrats on the Patch Richard. 2 down and 10 to go (I do know where a 3rd one is) lol