Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

So wait. Its perfectly fine for comedians and musicians to make racist statements because they make money with it?

So you have no problem with Michael Richards then? He was just working.

Tell me more about the black people who paid Michael Richards to insult them.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not turning anything. Why is racism not an issue when whites are the victim? Only a racist would see that.
    The fact it's not going to happen is irrelevant. You're using that to avoid answering because your answer will show you for the racist you are.

If it wouldn't, you'd simply answer.

Once again if the white community are that offendend by something that snoop dogg does they know how to stop him. I don't say too many of them all up in arms over what he said. If most white people are not offended then why should I be?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Once again if the white community are that offendend by something that snoop dogg does they know how to stop him. I don't say too many of them all up in arms over what he said. If most white people are not offended then why should I be?

1: How many paid to see Snoop on Conan?
    2: Yes. They would stop him by protesting and boycotting, so AGAIN, how would you feel about that? If there was a Michael Richards type uproar, would you see those white people as whiney or strong and united? Please have a little decency and just answer the question.
    3: Most white people weren't offended by Michael Richards...were you?
    4: You see no one up in arms because I'm giving you a hypothetical. You can't be stupid enough to not understand that.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Oh, and by the way, I'm positive at least one black person paid to go see Michael Richards. Conan is free, so Snoop said that for zero payment.

SCF Rewards
    Country

1: How many paid to see Snoop on Conan? I don't have the numbers on it. This is the first time hearing the story.
    2: Yes. They would stop him by protesting and boycotting, so AGAIN, how would you feel about that? If there was a Michael Richards type uproar, would you see those white people as whiney or strong and united? Please have a little decency and just answer the question. I would actually be surprised because I honestly don't think it is that serious to the but if it bothers them that much then they will do what they have to do to stop him.
    3: Most white people weren't offended by Michael Richards...were you? I am not white but as a black man I was highly offended. Richards didn't say he stole candy from his black friends he made vile and offensive comments about black people in general. If you are trying to say what snoop said is as bad as richards I can only SMH at you.
    4: You see no one up in arms because I'm giving you a hypothetical. You can't be stupid enough to not understand that. Yes I can understand a hypothetical.

Responses in bold.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

1: I'll give you a hint. Conan tickets are free.
    2: So you wouldn't say they're whiney and entitled? Goes against most of your posting, but I'll take your word.
    3: Yeah, but people paid to see him. They paid to hear him talk. No one paid to see Snoop on Conan and no one has ever paid to hear him talk. Either you're okay with it because "it's his job" (as you say with black racists) or you're offended at what's said (as you are with white racists). Giving the two different races two different standards is, in itself, incredibly racist and it's exactly what you're doing.
    4: Then why did I have to ask 3 times and explain that it was a hypothetical question? If you understood, you'd have just answered.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 03-12-2013 at 11:44 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I, personally am not offended at all by Snoop Dogg's comments, let alone most things that are said here and there... I was just getting at why comments like this are not "racial"? I am just saying the outcome would have been different if a white person makes remarks like that. It's not a big deal- but that is my point... it WOULD BE a big deal if the opposite was said.... and I just dont' get that.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I, personally am not offended at all by Snoop Dogg's comments, let alone most things that are said here and there... I was just getting at why comments like this are not "racial"? I am just saying the outcome would have been different if a white person makes remarks like that. It's not a big deal- but that is my point... it WOULD BE a big deal if the opposite was said.... and I just dont' get that.

That's my position as well. And I totally get the " comedians and rappers" bit. But this double standard sickens me. From my view it appears many people who claim to fight for equality are actually fighting to put themselves on top. They create double standards that favour themselves and expect everyone else to follow those rules. They say it's wrong to pull a Michael Richards but a black comedian can spew the most hateful venom possible and he's "strong". These people are the biggest racists of all. They know the harm of racism first hand, but instead of ending it, just seek revenge against "whitey".

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's my position as well. And I totally get the " comedians and rappers" bit. But this double standard sickens me. From my view it appears many people who claim to fight for equality are actually fighting to put themselves on top. They create double standards that favour themselves and expect everyone else to follow those rules. They say it's wrong to pull a Michael Richards but a black comedian can spew the most hateful venom possible and he's "strong". These people are the biggest racists of all. They know the harm of racism first hand, but instead of ending it, just seek revenge against "whitey".

Seems like "whitey" loves when the black man seeks revenge on him. If he didn't the black man would go broke trying and have to find a new line of work.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Seems like "whitey" loves when the black man seeks revenge on him. If he didn't the black man would go broke trying and have to find a new line of work.

Who is "whitey" exactly? Is it a person or entity? If entity, am I included? Why or why not?

If "whitey" refers to the media who fan the flames for ratings, then I agree.
    If "whitey" refers to white people, then I vehemently disagree.

I just want to see actual equality. Racism against non-whites does still exist, no argument there. But to use that as an excuse to be racist against whites is small-minded. People like Chris Rock and Snoop Dogg (both of whom I am a fan) are seen as strong and outspoken for the things they say, not as racists. Yet if a white man were to say even half of that about blacks he'd have to leave the country for his own safety...and you have the nerve to blame white people.

The reason I am a fan of both those guys is they say what they say with a point behind it. I, and many other white people understand that, get it and enjoy it.
    There's one bit by Rock where he says "honkey" and "cracker" about two dozen times in less than a minute. I think it's hilarious because his bit is actually about how the most racist people he knows are old black men.
    Reverse it and have a white guy repeating the N word that much talking about old racist white men. I bet very few black people would bother with his point and call him a racist just for using the word. That's honestly based on everything I've seen up to this point.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast